• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I delete subjects from my own "your stuff"?

Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

That would mean to delete your posts; I dont think you can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would mean to delete your posts; I dont think you can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are posts that you now realize are inappropriate, or have other major issues, you should be able to Report Abuse, and ask Adobe to get a MOD to remove the thread. Now, depending on the thread and possible activity in it, the MOD's might not agree.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, some of my old PS posts are now too silly by now for me to keep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Since it only keeps the latests posts in memory, make new, insightful ones, and you'll be all set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I wasn't clear. "It" is probably not "your stuff", because I have posts as old as 2 years ago in there. I am not concerned about other people laughing at me, but I would like to clean up my "your stuff" to make the posts that still matter to me stand out,  and I am surprise that Adobe doesn't give that option, because "your stuff"  is actually our own list, and it should be editable because it is accessible to ourselves only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my browser (Google Chrome), it looks like Your Stuff allows for only 20 entries. As the list is FIFO, when I initiate another thread, the last one disappears.

Maybe go to The Lounge and start a couple of "joke threads," and force the old threads off the display. Be warned though, there are some real serious joksters there, so make 'em good.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

margieannjulie,

Many of us have many silly posts, even many on purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2011 Feb 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

margieannjulie,

I am afraid there is no way to remove newer threads to give place to older ones so you can only wait and watch the old ones disappear.

There are many things that should but cannot be different in the present forums.

If the Search had the option of selecting nothing, you could have just entered your own name under Who under More options and get to all your posts, but obviously that is impossible: you just get an error message.

But if you know as little as one word in the post you made, you can find that post (and any other of your posts containing the same word(s)). Words such as I, or, and, help, etc, also count.

Please note that Search is down right now so you cannot try this out until it has recovered to its best possible state (sometimes you only get to a list of threads).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the amazing answer, I'll try it a little bit later. When you say search, where is that button located? I can only see the forum search.

Of course I am not interested in removing the older posts, what would the benefit be?, but in removing the useless posts anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, margieannejulie.

The Forum Search is general, applying to all forums and often yielding an overwhelming number of irrelevant posts, as you have undoubtedly suffered already.

In certain forums such as the Illustrator forum,

http://forums.adobe.com/community/illustrator/illustrator_general

fortunately, there is an alternative Search This Forum Search button.

In the other more unfortunate forums you will have to use the Forum Search; under Other Options you can select the forum as well as the poster; it should be noted that the dropdown list of forums is only partly alphabetical, and it is long, so it is neither easy nor quick to use.

In the days of the fair forums, which ended almost two years ago, the current forum was the default; that default was established by John Cornicello within three hours of my suggesting it. For almost two years, the same request has proved impossible to meet.

But if you ask for it here in this forum, the special  Search This Forum just may be set up for your favourite forum(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did, posting the request, in a new post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines