• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I filter out other postings to my inbox - and e-mail - except for direct replies to MY question???

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I just joined Adobe Community forums less than a day ago. PROBLEM: I can't figure out how to filter out EVERYTHING else in my Adobe Inbox, except ONLY for replies to MY questions. I looked at my e-mail today, seeing all the "replies" regarding Adobe - only to find out that none of them were relevant. It's just like getting spammed. I want to hear about an answer ONLY to my ONE question. I don't care about anything else with Adobe, except my specific problem. I can't spend all my time deleting irrelevant e-mails. I DO want to find out via e-mail, if somebody has answered my question, because it's showing in my Adobe Inbox. So how do I filter this? Like a lot of the stuff on the forums, it sure isn't obvious how to set it up - there's no instructions. One other thing: there should be - proactively set up - a default setting, that DOESN'T let anything and everything through; that should ONLY be an OPTION.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click your avatar picture near the upper right corner (slightly to the left of the pencil) and select PREFERENCES then set all Email Preferences to OFF and click Save at the bottom left

AND

Another new "feature" is that Jive7 is oriented toward social networking... so every time you start or reply to a message you are automatically added to a FOLLOW list... meaning you receive a notification of every subsequent message in that thread

Click the FOLLOW link at the upper right and select STOP FOLLOWING... and don't click the link again to check your status, as you will then be added to the CONNECTIONS STREAM and you will have to uncheck that option as well

And, after you post in a message thread and select Stop Following, you need to do it all over again the next time you add a reply to the same message thread, since EVERY POST adds you to the automatic Follow list

Viewing Past Messages

Click your Avatar picture to the left of your message

Click the Activity option

Jive Help https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4714

-or http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jive/7.0/community_user/index.jsp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I suppose the Jive 7 thing is meant to flag only the relevant messages for e-mails. I'm used to (a) it being automatic in other tech forums, and (b) the other junk is NOT allowed by default. Jive 7 is not explained outright; no idea where it might be. None of this is really clear - the terminology is pretty murky.

I already set most of my e-mail Preferences to Off. No more irrelevant topics in my e-mail.  😐  It works... But I have to search around in my Adobe Inbox, for replies to my Questions.

Anyway I can delete the irrelevant stuff in my Adobe Inbox? This went in, before I started figuring it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines