• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I link to a specific post in a thread?

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's possible to link to specific posts in a thread because various actions like replying to a post provide links that do that. But just looking at an existing post, I don't see any way to get a link to one. This is such basic forum functionality that I assume I'm overlooking something obvious. Anyone know how to do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

You can right-click on the title bar for any post and copy the link from there. Each post in a thread has its own little mini title that matches the main one. Each one links directly to that post.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right-click on the title bar for any post and copy the link from there. Each post in a thread has its own little mini title that matches the main one. Each one links directly to that post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example:

1link.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really helpful thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem!

If that solved it for you, please mark my post as the Correct Answer by clicking that green star button on the forum. That'll close out this thread and help future forum visitors find the right answer more quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's not the thread starter, so he can't do that.

I am though, so I will. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, thanks! He could still hit the helpful button, I suppose.

It took me a little bit to find the specific post link when I first started out here too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never knew that. A really useful answer Szalam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Glad it was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri,

a browser like Firefox will show the full address of the link if you hover over the title of an individual post in the left bottom corner of the page.

And if you want to go to the link of a post someone answered to, see the "( response to … )" link. If you wait long enough a little tool tip is showing up reading: "Go to message". Together with the full address in the left bottom corner of your page window in the Firefox browser.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe, I'll give that a try. I usually use the Edge browser that comes with Windows 10 as it is very fast, but it's surprising how many things just don't work with that browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really helpful! thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is really helpful thanks Clay

regards,

Banu,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't answer the question, Szalam did.

On an unrelated note, I was just about to start a new thread asking where on earth the navigation link is to my Inbox, but some manual digging through the page source revealed that it's that orange pill-shaped thing at the top of the page. That is some utterly dreadful UX right there. I know Jive isn't an Adobe product, but I wonder if there's anything they could do to maybe put an actual "Inbox" label on that thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey im new here n your post helped me to get right info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

helpful! thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines