• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Use the New Adobe Forums?

Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this thread will be moved somewhere else, but I have no clue where the "forum bugs" forum is, so I'm posting here in "Premiere" since that is where I hang out most of the time. 

In the old forums I was able to get in, find the hot issues, either find an answer and get out.  Or I could quickly get in and find others who hadn't received help, yet, try to help and get back to work.  The primary sorting columns that made this possible were the "number of views" and number of replies.  Maybe it was the same column.  Either way, if I was wondering whether it was safe to go into the water with the latest release of Premiere Pro, I could quickly log in, sort by the number of repies (high to low) and discover the most vicious, recent bugs Adobe had introduced.  If I was feeling altruistic, I could log in, sort by replies (low to high) and find out what issues nobody had resolved, yet.  Maybe I could help; maybe I couldn't.  How can I get this column/view back in the new forums (or better, yet, revert to the old forum layout)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

The first Law of Confucius is: "Confuse people in such a way, that they will never return."

That is what Adobe tries now with the forums, since it will be the primary source of support in the future, as they said.

The more people are confused, the fewer will return and that saves on support costs. Clear and present danger / intent.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive Help http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jive/7.0/community_user/index.jsp

Unwanted Email notices

Click your avatar picture near the upper right corner (slightly to the left of the pencil) and select PREFERENCES then set all Email Preferences to OFF and click Save at the bottom left

AND

Another new "feature" is that Jive7 is oriented toward social networking... so every time you start or reply to a message you are automatically added to a FOLLOW list... meaning you receive a notification of every subsequent message in that thread

Click the FOLLOW link at the upper right and select STOP FOLLOWING... and don't click the link again to check your status, as you will then be added to the CONNECTIONS STREAM and you will have to uncheck that option as well

And, after you post in a message thread and select Stop Following, you need to do it all over again the next time you add a reply to the same message thread, since EVERY POST adds you to the automatic Follow list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first Law of Confucius is: "Confuse people in such a way, that they will never return."

That is what Adobe tries now with the forums, since it will be the primary source of support in the future, as they said.

The more people are confused, the fewer will return and that saves on support costs. Clear and present danger / intent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get this column/view back in the new forums (or better, yet, revert to the old forum layout

I think the bottom line is, you can't. John's link will help  you explore all the stuff you can do.

One option is to go to the main Premiere forum page, click on the content tab. Then type "bug" in the "filter by tag" field. You'll see lots of threads about bugs.

But sort on number of replies? Not obvious anyway.

And the forum for talking about the forums is here:

Forum comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an absolutely hideous new format/engine.  It's really not working for me.

How is this an improvement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more.  It's pretty much useless for trying to help others, unless you happen to see their request at the top of the pile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless you happen to see their request at the top of the pile.

Or you look at them all. I focus on Encore where I can easily look at them all, but still triage by email. If I were using the forum cues, I'd be even more frustrated.

Adobe made the decision to go with Jive several years ago. They had to upgrade now because the version they were using was no longer supported. That older Jive version had customizations that made the Jive experience somewhat more palatable for Adobe forum veterans. The new one did not have the customizations, and there are a variety of issues why some of them are expensive/difficult to make. They have fixed a number of problems, and are working on more.

Some of us believe that even with all the customization that Adobe and Jive are likely to make, the Jive experience is not what the Adobe forums should be based on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Moved to Forum Comments.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines