• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many Times a Day do I Have to Sign In?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Title says it all. Of what use is the remember Me check box if it utter ignores the fact I have signed in already today 1/2 doz times or more?

What is the matter with Forum Operations? Are you trying to drive away users?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 142 Replies 142
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join the crowd Its problem that has been broke since the Deal they had a few weeks ago where Adobe had an issue with a Hacker.  They tried to make it more secure and screwed it up so bad, They don't have anyone smart enough to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to have gotten worse over the past week or so. If I cleared cookies then it asks again as expected, but now it's sign-up time if you stay away from the forum for more than a few minutes.

I figured somewhere others have complained here but after running around getting signed in again and again I had no gumption to look for previous posts.

Folks here needs to study Gumptionology 101. These forums have many gumption traps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Gumptionology 101

Since complaining really does not work (as evidenced by the 4 links I posted, plus more if you go back more than 2 forum screens) we have 2 choices

1 - use what Adobe/Jive gives us

2 - go away

I don't have any numbers, and some may be due to the new Cloud rental process, but SOME people have picked #2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but SOME people have picked #2

Yes most people have realized that there is no point in hanging around

on these forums because they are not chat lines like Facebook or

Twitter. These are forums to get solutions to real life problems with

Adobe products (mainly) though people post any queries regarding web

design and web authoring which does not require Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lawrence,

At this moment in time (and I stress that, as it HAS changed for me), I am good to go with the preliminary Sign-in, when I start the morning. So long as I do not close my browser, I have been staying signed-in all day.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's variable for me. Even with the browser left open, if I change to a different forum, I get asked again. Sometimes it asks, then auto signs, other times it doesn't auto sign.

Gumption is the right word here. the system destroys gumption and I don't come here often. I filed a question in ACR a few days ago and the going has been really rough going back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the strangenesses is that different people (in different places) experience different strangenesses at very different levels.

When I start up for a new day, I get logged in automatically, but into another forum. After that, I can just reload all tabs in all windows and switch forums and whatever, and if only I am inactive in the forums no longer than some hours at a time (somehwre between three and five, I believe), I can close down the browser, and the computer, and still be logged in when I start up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

You have hit the problem, right between its beady little eyes! Different "strangenesses" for different folk, at different times.

No sooner had I responded to Lawrence, than I lost my forum sign-in, and had to enter all info, to sign back in...

Apparently, I angered the Jive gods, and was duly punished.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logout time today seems to be "about" 1 hour of being away to some other web site... Jive gods do NOT want you to worship anyone else!

Added... 48 minutes from the time I logged in here and checked a few Premiere forums, and back after going to another page... say 30-35 minutes away... and logged out

I don't know what Jive is doing, but it is NOT an improvement!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, if I am not ON a forum for "about" 2 hours (no timer set) I am logged out and have to log in when I return... Win7 IE11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of posts about this so I'm not sure if this has been covered.

Today, as usual, I pretty much have to log-in almost every time.

But, I logged in a few minutes ago and did not check the "Remember me" box (checking it every time is wishful thinking I know) BUT, it DID remember me.

Not only is this a sign of something being broken but if I were on a public machine, it would also be a big security issue. I don't care if it remembers me (well I do but it's not hurting anything when it doesn't) but when it DOES remember me when it shouldn't, THAT is a big issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that the cookie was already set on your machine (from a previous 'Remember me').

But it definitely needs to be looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. That could have happened to an unwary user on a public machine just as easily. That's more or less the worry here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi graf, long time no see!

Jive has been jiving us since it's uptake by Adobe for these forums. I just signed in again and did not check "remember me" so let's see if it holds here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still signed in.

Crap! In any case, sign out your self, especially on a public net or when doing actual business with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed in this morning ad go some nonsense about my username was unrecognizable. I typed the same user name in and it would, and and wound, and wound, and wound some more final I hit the reload mutton and Poof I was in.

I chalk it up to

1. nincompoops that don't know there *** from a hole in the ground.
  2. Sorry Software for sign in. (attributed as a result of number 1)
  3. Or defective Servers that have run way to long after their needed replacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. It's been a while Lar. I hope all is well on the home-front.

My opinion is that if it requires one to log-out, there shouldn't even be an option to remember. Less savy users may not think of that.

I'm not too worried about myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doin' ok Graf.

I agree about the log out. My e-mail provider is anal about such things, for which I am grateful.

Oh I was finally signed out this round.

Message was edited by: Hudechrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this is a coincidence but, I seem to stay logged in longer when I DO NOT select "Remember me". That is not a good thing whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last few days, I haved had to enter my ID and password several times a day. This is worse than the "normal" automatic login after clicking the Sign In button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as long as I don't shut down SeaMonkey (or Firefox or any of my web browsers, and I sign in I continue to be signed  until I quit the web browser being used. Once Ireopen I have to resign it. I can deal with this as perhapsa necsaary evil. I don't think they will ever return to, once you signe in your signed in for 10 years, and stays signed in when browser is shut down, and computer is turned off. I am not even sure They know how to fix it, if they wanted to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Just got back to the forums, after a few days "off," and I now have to sign-in, everytime. For a bit, I was able to do it, without having to type in the Sign-In box, but not now???? Oh well, even Remember Me does not seem to work, session to session.

Luckily, Chrome's Quickfill helps with the ID, but I need to correct the PW, as it keeps adding the one before the security issue. Will research that one, when I get a moment.

Good luck to all of us,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm revising my comment. I've had to sign in twice today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines