• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many Times a Day do I Have to Sign In?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Title says it all. Of what use is the remember Me check box if it utter ignores the fact I have signed in already today 1/2 doz times or more?

What is the matter with Forum Operations? Are you trying to drive away users?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 142 Replies 142
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things seem to change only for the worse in this. I wonder how many large corporations would tolerate so many important bugs in their sites for such a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Things changed for me too - full, typed sign-in seems to be here to stay, at least for me. Oh well...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been here for more than a day so I expected I would have to sign in with my name and PW, but I didn't. I clicked the "Sign In" and it did it automatically.

I've also noticed that I am queried for my sign-in when opening Photoshop, (but not Bridge). Sometimes I ignore it but at least once, I had to fill it in.

I chalk it up to the recent hack, but that makes me consider that perhaps, the access for the hackers was through, or partially through, the Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I remember, John has stated that the Sign in issue is unrelated to the hack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But probably the sign-in to your account is, and since it seems that the sign-in for the Forums is (apparently) identical to your account, it's all mixed up what is being checked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feb 8 morning... forum is back to making me sign in every time I do something else for a "short" time (no stop watch... seems to be about 20 minutes or so)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. It's developed Alzheimer's. I wonder if the people keeping it up have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being somewhat nasty, since this is a real PITA to deal with, I will say that a working brain is required before you can have Alzheimer's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Someone that knows what they are doing should fix it. And an order should be attached the first one that tries improve it crews things up should either be shot on the spot. Or fired on the spot and word put out they are too incompetent to work in the Computer field. They only thing  they should be allowed to do is Flip Hamburgers (But they would probably screw that up. Probably give customers Food posining).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resigned myself to having to log in every time I go away from the forums for "awhile" (an hour... two hours... ???) so I guess I'll stop thinking about what SHOULD be, and just accept what IS for the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad I found this thread. I thought it was just me.

It was definitely a hiccup that happened after the forums went down after the hack.

But if people are complaining, I suspect the web engineers can't figure out how to fix it. They don't want grumpy users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been said in different threads that they are working on it. The Sign in issue is an Adobe, rather than forum, matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me I have to log in only if the browser is closed.  Computer can go to sleep mode and it is OK with wake up.  Even closed Adobe sites and went into sleep mode and it was OK when I visited site.

A few weeks ago I had to relog in about every 10th log in.  Have not had to do that recently.

Win 7, Firefox, Seattle area.

Message was edited by: Curt Y Also, it the internet is disabled I have to log in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt, you mean you don't even have to mpress the Sign In button (to be directly taken to the forums)? If you do, you are very lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have to click on the sign in button I call that a log in, which I have to do when browser is disconnected.  The Adobe screen comes up and after a few seconds I am logged in.  I have not had to re-enter my user name and password for many weeks now.

Mention this not to brag, but inform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this should also be true for myself, but it isn't. I had to sighn in completely. Not only that, but the checkbox was unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you run a cleaner, clean out cookies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last day or two I now have to sign in I come back to the forum even if I haven't shut down computer, or the Browser. If I just leave the forums and go to something else and come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would ask everyone to be very clear about the meaning of "sign in". These days, I am experiencing two different situations. The first: I am taken to the Sign In page, I click on the Sign In button, and I am logged in after some time. And the second: same as before, but I have to enter my iD and password to log in.

These two occur randomly, no pattern that I have been able to find. Anfd these have been present for some weeks now, which I would think would be intolerable for any large corporation such as Adobe. Only trouble is, Adobe doesn´t seem to be doing anything about this very serious bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, and this morning, I had to click the sign in link every time I was away from the forums for "some" amount of time... browser still open, just at a different site... and the sign in "wheel" would spin for a few seconds and I would be signed in again

This afternoon, I have TWICE had to enter my information during the sign in... including checking the remember me box... Win7 IE11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday when I went to sign it actually asked for user name and Password I put it and the "winder" wound and would for about two minutes before Ihit reload  then I was signed in.

After that everytime I left the forum even for a few seconds. And come back I would have sign in. After that I  would click click on it and it would wind for a couple seconds or so and and Iwould be signed in .

Today I click on sign in as long as web browser hasn't been quit I remain signe in. Previously when everything was working as it should I signed in one time and as long as the cookies didn't get screwed up. I was signed in even when when computer shut down and was signed in for years until this mess happened. Now I am Luck some days to even get in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further improvement today. A couple of hours ago, I could get into the forums with no problem except being asked to sign in. When I clicked on the button, I got a "Site temporarily unavailable" error, and so I left.

Now I got in, was asked to sign in, clicked the button, had to enter my ID and password, and then accept Adobe's Terms of Use! Isn't this a bit too much?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to spell out exactly what I'm experiencing.

I start with an email from the forum.

I click to View the Discussion.

sign in 1.png

I then get to the discussion, but I am not signed in as shown that I can't reply.

sign in 2.png

I then have to click the Sign In link at the top of the page.

sign in 3.png

I then get the sign in fields, but they are empty, despite me clicking "Remember Me" the last time I had to do this.

sign in 4.png

I enter my information, being careful to click Remember me

sign in 5.png

I then can reply to comments.

But even if I keep the browser open, I still get the request to sign in when I click the prompt to View Discussion from the email.

However, something new got added this morning. I was asked to accept Terms and Conditions that I am sure I accepted some time ago. Notice also, that the date for the update of this DB is Dec. 20, 2013. I know I've been to the forums since then. But never got this request.

sign in 6.png

I'm posting these images so others can compare their experience to see if it is the same or different from mine and others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee, thanks for backing up with pictuires my description of the changes of today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sandee – same here with me.

What really was disturbing this morning here in Germany: for over one hour I tried to log in; to no avail. Here in the forums or every where else like "myAdobe".

Now it's working again.

And yes "Accept" the terms of use is a new one…

As we can see in usually high frequented sub forums, the "outage" or whatever it was, lasted about 7 to 8 hours… No posts were answered or new posts added for this time frame.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines