Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Private Are Private Messages?

LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admin

Last night I was doing a Adobe Forums search for specific Premiere Elements threads and posts as well as threads posted by certain people.

And, I was surprised (concerned) to see some of my more private private messages (including those to Admin) popping up in the search - could be opened and read.

If someone else were doing the same search with his or her own Adobe ID and Password, would that person also have access to my private messages in his or her Adobe Forums search? Or would that person's Search findings exclude my private messages and just yield the thread and post findings?

Is this a breach in privacy or something else?

Please advise.

Thank you.

ATR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

The only people who can see a PM are those involved (and the system admin and Jive of course, who can read the database tables). @mentioning another user in a PM does not add them to the viewing group.

All explained in the videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Private messages are private and only the sender and recipient can read

them.  did you try searching again using another browser without logging

in or by pasting the link in a browser in which you haven't logged in

at all or logged out from?  If not try it and post back if it worked -

i.e. you are able to read private messages without logging in.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk

Thanks for your prompt reply to my question about the privacy of Adobe Forums private messages.

I will look into the suggestions that you made and post the outcome.

Appreciate your help.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spotlight Search finds results from everything the currently logged-in user can see, including hidden forums and private conversations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant

Thanks for your reply.

I have not had a chance to follow up on this...have been busy in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.

Just want to make sure I am in sync with your details. By currently logged in user, do you mean only me being able to see content linked to me in these hidden forums and private conversions where I am the sender or recipient of the private message?

My main concern about loop holes in the system involves a logged in user other than myself doing a Forums search that triggers appearance of one of my private messages that happens to include the name of that logged in user other than myself.

I will try to follow up on this with you and mytaxsite.co.uk soon.

Thank you to both of you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only people who can see a PM are those involved (and the system admin and Jive of course, who can read the database tables). @mentioning another user in a PM does not add them to the viewing group.

All explained in the videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines