• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How the heck are you supposed to find your way around these discussions?

Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who Jive is, but they've sure got me confused. I can't for the life of me even find a discussion I created and want to reply to. Why can't these guys make these forums logical like EVERY OTHER FORUM IN THE WORLD. I can't believe Adobe can be that obtuse. Maybe this is a test or something to see how much corporate stupidity we can tolerate before finding other ways to do the work we like best. If I go to my profile all I can see that looks like my stuff is something called Actions which pertains to everything I don't want to know in any random order. What a waste of time!

Sorry for the rant.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Once the Inbox and Activity window opens, you have to click on the Inbox button. As far as I am concerned, all the rest there is just useless garbage kindly donated by Jive (the company that developed and maintains the software driving these forums).

Inbox.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing Past Messages

Click your Avatar picture to the left of your message

Click the Activity option

User Manual for the Adobe Community (the forums) https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4714

-or http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jive/7.0/community_user/index.jsp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the avatar along the top? I clicked it and clicked the Inbox and Activity button but the results have nothing to do with me. There are links to discussions I've never heard of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the Inbox and Activity window opens, you have to click on the Inbox button. As far as I am concerned, all the rest there is just useless garbage kindly donated by Jive (the company that developed and maintains the software driving these forums).

Inbox.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's terrific! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I also dislike the way these forums are organized...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a link for Jive version 8?

Changing 7 to 8 in the url above resulted in a 404 error, and searching Jive.com for version 8 help was just as helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for finding your way in thee forums, maybe this method serves: go to the list of forum here https://forums.adobe.com/welcome and select the one in which you are interested. Once where you want, don't forget to bookmark the page in your browser if you have any intention of coming back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also go to https://forums.adobe.com/content and select Participated or Authored to see your content.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm locking this discussion because it's 5 years out of date and no longer relevant to this platform.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines