• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change forums?

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am reading posts in one forum, say this one, and then I want to visit another forum, what is the best way to do that?  It seems that a drop list of forums would be useful, but alas, it's not there.  There is the breadcrumb trail above, but when I click on the one that would make sense to click on (in this case the one that says "Adobe General Forums") I get a curious message about not being able to start a discussion.  Why is that?  To move from this forum to the Dreamweaver forum, I have to go all the way out to the list of Adobe forums, and come back in.  In the case of this forum, that's really expected, since there are no real subforums (at least none that I am interested in), but for the Dreamweaver forums, there are several subforums that I visit, and I'm looking for a quicker/easier way to do that.  What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just went once to each of the forums I read from the drop down list, and added a direct bookmark for each forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be one way, yes.  It just seems awkward to me, however.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the bookmark method myself. 

But there is a handy History link near the top of the forum that will show the last few forums and last few threads you visited.  That is sometimes helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt, thanks.  That's really useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am reading posts in one forum, say this one, and then I want to visit another forum, what is the best way to do that?

using a tabbed browser, i just keep the forums open that i visit regularly. switch tabs, hit reload. easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave!  I usually have a bevy of tabs open anyhow, and am not so anxious to add more to the list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some forums have a list of sub forums in a box on the right - maybe you could request that for the DW forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kath-H wrote:

Some forums have a list of sub forums in a box on the right - maybe you could request that for the DW forums?

Last night I cobbled together a set of "Associated Links" plus a short "Welcome" message for both of the Photoshop Forums and sent the file to J.C.

Hopefully we'll soon have them for our convenience in those forums, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am reading posts in one forum, say this one, and then I want to visit

another forum, what is the best way to do that? It seems that a drop list

of forums would be useful, but alas, it's not there.

Two suggestions: (a) use the History dropdown to see the most recent three

forums you visited; (b) roll your own list on your personalized homepage

following pbear*'s instructions, for which many thanks:

At the Adobe Forums (topmost) page, switch to the My View tab. There's a

little "(personalize)" link on it. You can drop in your own views from the

eight or so shown. I put an HTML view on the very top and typed up a set of

links to the forums I want to follow. e.g. for this forum: <a href="http://http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments" style="color:#c00;">Forum Comments</a>

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Noel.  That's worth considering....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported that breadcrumb issue to John. It should just take you to that product's fora list.

The way I do it is, and I'm not sure this is the best way, I have a different tab in the browser opened for each forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help:

SeaMonkeypicture001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip:  Thanks - but that's still a bit awkward for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines