Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Username Guidelines + How to change your community username

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community!

As long as you're signed in, you can now change your own username on the Community.

How, you ask?

Click the user avatar on the header banner => select "My Profile" from the drop-down => Click the edit icon on the top right corner of your current screen name => Enter your new name and submit!

Please keep these guidelines in mind:

1. It can contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), periods (.), underscore (_), and dash (-).

2. It shouldn't contain:
    - Private information (PII) such as your email address
    - Symbols apart from the ones stated above. For example @&"=`'
    - A sequence of the allowed symbols. For example -_Abc_-
    - The word 'Adobe' or any Adobe product

3. It can't be promotional, for example, a website

4. It can't be offensive and should comply with our Community Guidelines

Thank you!

TOPICS
Community Information , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 195 Replies 195
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, please change my name to:
Sir Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please change mine to LiveLoveCreate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silvia, can you please replace my community screen name by : Théo de France (same as my community user name) ? 

Happy to have found  your post Silvia, because I was turning crazy after two days trying to reach the support and finally discussing hours with french support  unable to change my screen name despite the fact that is not compliant  with European GDPR regulation.

Thank you so much for your  proposal and in advance for updating my community screen name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This account accidentally logged me in while I was trying to sign up for my personal account.  Can you please set this username to BB_Kreation that I could use the accidentally username for my personal one? Or just delete it for this account here.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm using 'track changes' and the system seems to have changed my name to 'Samsung' (a file group in Finder migrated from my old laptop).

I logged in a week ago to start an assignment and it was displaying my real name at that time.

I have looked in 'properties' and find that the author section is greyed out and can't be changed.

Please could you advise.

Thank you

BW

Bridget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bridget, your community username isn't showing as Samsung, but as bridgetc15672952.
This thread is for the community username only. If this is happening within your Adobe software outside of the community, you may want to contact support here Welcome to Adobe Customer Care! Need help?
TIP: type 'agent' in the bot, so the system redirects you to a person.
Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I think in the end this is an Apple issue, and is unresolvable. best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update my account name to reflect Nina Gonzalez and not nina gonzalez. It appears unprofessional all in lower case. Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'd like my community username to be: ulasdabanci
Thank you for your help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

accidentally used my email address. Can you please change my community username to: alsoszaa

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please change my community username to: Dylan Statham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update mine to TX2020vision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please change my name to CPCadmin1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update mine to H_G_A_U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please change my community username/screen name to  bweddcorp.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please change mine to:     RoséJellié

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you still assist me in changing my screen name. It changed in the Adoble Public profile but doesn't reflect in the Community posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, did you check the guidelines posted above? Which username do you want me to change it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please change to: Nick D’Ermilio
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have 2 user names...MikeF3...and...Michaelf91459541

Please will you cancel the latter leaving me with MikeF3 please, but not affecting anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silvia - thanks for sharing, this was really helpful. I have a similar issue, I also messaged you privately, but figured I should also post here. It appears I have two separate screen names also and would like to change it to the ones I recommended to you. Let me know if I should post here as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes no sense. There is one profile at:

With a “Public profile” section that includes Name, Company, and  “Adobe screen name” with a note that states “This is your screen name in the Adobe Support Community.”

I set this account up some time ago with let’s say screen name A, and intentionally left the Name and Company blank (showing at “Not provided”) in the Public profile section.

But then today I went to go interact with the Support Community at:

Adobe Support Community

I logged in with my email and password for my existing Adobe account, and while it took my existing credentials just fine, it forced me to create a screen name and accept new terms and conditions. At the time I assumed I had just never set a screen name, and even if I knew I had I wouldn’t have necessarily remembered what it was since it’s not used for login. So I set a screen name. Let’s call this Screen name B.

Now the Support Community appears I have this strange hybrid profile. When I go to Account settings in the Support Community there is a “Public Adobe Profile” with a note that states “Your profile photo and name are managed through your Adobe Account. This information is visible to others and can be different from your account name if you choose. You can update your Public Profile at any time and it will automatically update anywhere your profile photo and name appear.” And there is an “Edit on Adobe Account” button.

There are at least two problems:

1. The supposedly public Name is being pulled and auto populated from my PRIVATE Account name (first and last) in my Account information and access section, not the Public profile section. This appears however to only be a display issue in the Support Community Account settings as my public Community profile does not seem to errantly display my private name. It sure is worrisome though because the Community Account settings make you think otherwise.
  2. As others have noted, Screen name B is different from Screen name A and they are in fact not linked as the pages clearly indicated they should be. Making changes to A doesn’t change B and B is not editable.

Back in early March Silvia_CC posted that Issue 2 was being actively worked on, but it’s still apparently not fixed and it seems there are other issues such as the Issue 1 I’ve noted above. These both need to be corrected along with who knows what else is messed up with this Adobe account profile mess. The basic approach would be to have them be two entirely separate accounts/profiles that are directly editable on their respective sites. But if Adobe insists on being fancy by centralizing and linking to a single Adobe account then they need to get the combined functionality right. When will this finally be fixed? Adobe also needs to let people know what sort of data clean-up process will occur if there is a need to reconcile conflicts, like duplicate screen names, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please change mine to Trudyjb

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go into my account settings and change my screen name in my profile, it doesn't update. Is this the issue you're talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is indeed. Do you want me to change your username? Check the guidelines above and let me know 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines