Exit

How to edit posts in Adobe's Forums...

LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2011 Apr 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. Click the Edit button....

... Edit your post....

... At this point the smart poster selects all and copies....

... Click the Update button.....

... scower in frustration that your post has not updated....

... Click the Edit button a second time....

...Retype your edits, unless you are a smart poster, then simply select all and Paste....

...Click the Update button again....

...Sigh in relief that your post has been updated, but wonder why you must edit twice every time you wish to edit a post....

Things have been this way for quite a while. I've reported it before, still happens every single time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

Someone fixed something?

Possibly, but not very well: for the first time today it took 4 (four) attempts to change something in this post http://forums.adobe.com/message/3662342#3662342

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a fair number of lost edits today too.

It would be cool if the Admin or someone "in the know" could actually confirm whether occasional minor changes are being rolled-out, or (if not) that the forum software is just particularly sensitive to the phases of the moon.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is an interesting observation:

Tried to change a link in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3662376#3662376 a few minutes ago.  When I clicked the Update button, the link remained unchanged, but the "edited by" line was added

Message was edited by: ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ - changed http to ftp link.

I should have left it that way, but the user will need a working link, so I changed it again (successfully, at the 2nd attempt).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously 3 edits to change one simple typo in the AI forum.

This forum only appears to take 1 edit to correct something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been noticing it's been taking me more tries to get posts edited over the past several days.  One edit took 4 tries!  I think I'm seeing more of the "Edit window just doesn't open" bug (requiring Refresh) as well lately.  Can't say it seems related to a particular forum, though.

They say there are no ongoing changes being made to the forum software, but by golly it sure seems like this kind of thing comes and goes - and clearly you folks have noticed it too so it's less likely to be an issue with a particular computer.

Maybe it has to do with the timing of things.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any ongoing changes in the forum software. There are plans to upgrade in the near future, but you won't see any of that until you are on the new platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are plans to upgrade in the near future, but you won't see any of that until you are on the new platform.

Thanks for the H/U. Maybe I can alter my travel plans to make sure I am gone, when that takes place...

Predicated on this thread, I have tried to monitor my ability to edit a reply, or OP. With one exception (quick and tiny edit), I have not had an issue, and some of those instances have really been pretty quick. I'm not seeing (yet?), what Noel is observing.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

I've been noticing it's been taking me more tries to get posts edited over the past several days.  One edit took 4 tries!  I think I'm seeing more of the "Edit window just doesn't open" bug (requiring Refresh) as well lately.  Can't say it seems related to a particular forum, though.

They say there are no ongoing changes being made to the forum software, but by golly it sure seems like this kind of thing comes and goes - and clearly you folks have noticed it too so it's less likely to be an issue with a particular computer.

Maybe it has to do with the timing of things.

-Noel

Couple of post today I had to hit refresh 5 times before the reply, and edit reply window would finally completely draw.

Believe, the poor servers are going down for the count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

I am sorry to see that it is still haunting you, and others too.

I have been able to successfully edit with no speed limit, not only here but also in Illustrator and other forums, ever since I reported my (briefly) having the issue two months ago.

John,

New platform sounds like a serious change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add my voice to the chorus here.  I also have to Update multiple times for the changes to appear.

That is NOT right, Adobe.  It MUST be corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time that there were many reports on this problem, I performed several test in the Testing forum, and found that it wasn't affecting me, either on a Mac or a Win machine. I am performing new tests right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report on my tests, which are here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3711786#3711786

I posted messages using Firefox/Mac, Safari/Win and Explorer/Win. Had no problem in posting edits at the first attempt in any of the three combinations, regardless of the time interval between posting and editing -for the intervals I tested, obviously..

I have just noticed that the times of my posts were misteriously changed by one hour back, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the Test forum to do some time tests in the same thread, and the times were now shown correctly. Time in my message #3, later that that of the following messages, seems to correspond to the time of my last edit, when I added an extra line. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but where is the "edit" button? It's not available after someone replied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot edit your posts after they have been answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you would like a post edited, notifiy one of the friendly volunteer forum moderators and they should be able to make changes for you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At least you can expect edits to a post that's not yet answered to stick now the first time, with the new forum software.  This is what the thread was originally about.

So...  Thank You to Adobe for pushing through the forum update.  There are now a few different irritations, but I think overall it's been a net gain for we users.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines