• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop Japanaese mails?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all I did was update some plugin or something that said it needed updating and now adobe keeps sending me all kinds of junk mail in Japanese.  Just because I live in Japan doesn't mean I am fluent in Japanese.  This is really incredibly annoying!

adobejpn.jpg

TOPICS
Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Isn't it the email (電子メール) setting in the information distribution (情報配信) of the account management?
(Because I am Japanese, the screenshots are in Japanese view)

Adobe_Account_Information_E-mail.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hovered over all the links in the email and I think I managed to click the one to stop their spams from coming.  I didn't intentionally install any cloud thing on my computer that I can recall.  From looking at the list of installed program through control panel it looks like I installed a flash player update recently probably because some site said I needed an updated version.  Dunno what creative cloud even is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF You have a subscription to any of the plans Adobe now offers and you installed any of those program in the subscription plan you purchased then you have installed something dealiing with the Adobe Cloud interface. The CC desktop app that is needed to install the actual programs is linked to the cloud storage system and by Default starts up with your system. that can be changed in the Preferences for the CC DTA.

2019-10-29 23_11_21-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

There is also another setting to Auto Update the apps you have installed. I suggest you turn that off also.

2019-10-29 23_08_30-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Then just every now and then Open the CC DTA and do whatever updates are listed.

Make those changes and Restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after looking through my old emails I found that I installed a PDF reader back in October to view an online owner's manual for something or other, then in November the Japanese mails started coming in.

adobecloud.jpg

I just went on the main site and found out that I apparently am on the free cloud plan and when I looked into the active session section of my "profile" it seems they have been running a reader session continually since October??  Well now that is just rude to have to make me have all this garbage and now have an adobe account that I have to go into and opt out of everything possible.  I sure miss the old days when you could DL a program, install it, and it only ran every time you started it and there wasn't all this extra junk clinging on for the ride in the desperate hope to try to suck you into buying something expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it the email (電子メール) setting in the information distribution (情報配信) of the account management?
(Because I am Japanese, the screenshots are in Japanese view)

Adobe_Account_Information_E-mail.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found it now.  I'm just really annoyed that I had to bother with all this in the first place and it has certainly put me off ever wanting to buy anything from Adobe.

Note to self: Do not install anything from Adobe on next computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines