• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am getting weird and strange language emails from Adobe, why?

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive e-mails from adobe in a language I can not understand.

Why do I get e-mails in Chinese??

I dont speak Chinese.

Unless Adobe tells me that those e-mails are not from Adobe,

See Image.

adobe.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a guess here, but it might be that you accidently ticked a box to subscribe to one of the Asian Forums.

For more detail on Forum E-Mail Subscriptions, and how to control them, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4329904#4329904

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those don't look like forum emails to me.

I will try to find out what system might use the support_noreply name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the Sign in server goes down or the system goes down the message comes up always has Chinese,  Japenses,  and Korean languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eireannsg1,

This is probably happening because the customer account associated with your Adobe ID has accidentally been set to Chinese. Please provide us a support case number and we'll get this sorted out.

Thanks,

Bing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is actually inside these emails; can you post the message body of one of these mails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have not set anything in my profile to Asian and I havent made any e-mail subscriptions. I am living in Singapore and maybe something in the system suspects me to speak Chinese just because of that..

I also havent set the customer account to Chinese because I cant really write or read Chinese.

What is inside these e-mails?

I dont know. I dont open e-mails where I suspect hey contain spam or a virus. Accounts of mine have been hacked before.

I received spam from one of my own accounts and weird things are going on since the last months.

I used to visit facebook but now have seized all internet activities except for my e-mail, adobe, Daz3D, and youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I was asking, provide me a case number and I'll look at your account on the back-end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

justbingit wrote:

As I was asking, provide me a case number and I'll look at your account on the back-end.

What do you mean? Case number? Where do I find that case number?

I just noticed: The writing is not even Standard Chinese but Cantonese or Taiwanese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't opened any recent cases, then please PM me your Adobe ID and/or email associated with this Adobe customer account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to PM you but there is no option to PM you underneath your post or even when I scroll over your name.

OK, just found it after a lot of searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@justbingit, I sent you a PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not set anything in my profile to Asian and I havent made any e-mail subscriptions. I am living in Singapore and maybe something in the system suspects me to speak Chinese just because of that..

It is my experience that the servers target people with materials based on their IP address.  You being in Singapore, the forums think you are a Chinese speaking Adobe customer and decided to bombard you with something hoping that you will buy something from them!!

Somebody in DW forums (MVP in fact) recently posted a link and when I went to that link to see what is it all about, all I found is that it contained pictures of Chinese ladies looking for men in the west.   I questioned him and his reply was that the Ads depend on where exactly you are living.  People in other countries see something else!!!.  I am sure this has nothing to do with your problem but the idea is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

It is my experience that the servers target people with materials based on their IP address.  You being in Singapore, the forums think you are a Chinese speaking Adobe customer and decided to bombard you with something hoping that you will buy something from them!!

I see what you mean. It is strange though that the language is not simplified Chinese as it is used here in Singapore but the old way of writing as it is still used in Hong Kong or Taiwan.

@justbingit, I sent you my details per PM but never got any feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eireannsg1 wrote:

Bing is online during US daytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

Eireannsg1 wrote:

Bing is online during US daytime.

Even now, after a day is gone I never received an answer on my PMs.

Is there a public holiday in the US?

Will I continue to receive those Chinese messages which are possibly from Adobe?

Another weird thing:

When I go to the Adobe Mainpage I now always get a popup letting me choose the language.

There I can only select US English or English for Asia, no other language options. I want to select German.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eireannsg1,

We are getting ready to celebrate American Thanksgiving here so our responses might be a bit delayed!

That said, your account was indeed set to Chinese (Traditional). I've now changed it back to English.

Regarding the language setting on the mainpage, are you using a different IP address computer each time you're logging in? Based on your geographical location, you might not be able to select German.

Thanks,

Bing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @justbingit,

I wasnt aware that my account was set to Chinese. I dont even know where to set that.

For my IP address: It allegedly changes all the time, according to my internet provider.

I am already fed up with that provider because the line doesnt seem to be dedicated.

Beaides: Once I tried to register at a German forum and they told me I could not register from here because my IP address was known for apamming, so a German anti spam bot blocked it.

I have never ever sent out spam. Well, once I received spam from myself. It turned out that someone had hacked my yahoo account.

Unfortunately I have to wait until next year to change my internet provider. Hope the situation will get better after I have changed.

justbingit wrote:

Hi Eireannsg1,

We are getting ready to celebrate American Thanksgiving here so our responses might be a bit delayed!

That said, your account was indeed set to Chinese (Traditional). I've now changed it back to English.

Regarding the language setting on the mainpage, are you using a different IP address computer each time you're logging in? Based on your geographical location, you might not be able to select German.

Thanks,

Bing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my IP address: It allegedly changes all the time, according to my internet provider.

Yes most people's IP address is dynamically allocated by the ISPs.  they are never fixed unless you pay a premium for it.  Not worth it for the majority of people unless you are running a business website that needs to have 99.99% up-time.

However, any IP address you are allocated is always likely to be in the same country so if the system is smart enough to locate this correctly, then you should get the correct content based on your country.  However, as I understand it, Adobe has not been able to fix this and the lame excuses it comes out with whenever a customer complains.  According to them, it is the customer's problem, not theirs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its all not too much of a problem.

What bugged me was getting e-mails in Chinese.

I went through all the settings I could find that are related to my adobe account and until now I was unable to find the setting where I requested Chinese mail.

I dont think that "Chinese Preference" is anywhere to be found and I dont know how Adobe could get that somewhere into the system

UNLESS naturally Singapore is automatically considered Chinese speaking by Adobe, but then they are making a big mistake. Here in Singapore Chinese are in the majority, but officially we promote simplified Chinese and NOT Traditional Chinese.

professional.pirate wrote:

However, any IP address you are allocated is always likely to be in the same country so if the system is smart enough to locate this correctly, then you should get the correct content based on your country.  However, as I understand it, Adobe has not been able to fix this and the lame excuses it comes out with whenever a customer complains.  According to them, it is the customer's problem, not theirs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isnt Thanksgiving on the 4th of July?

Now is November.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Independence Day is July 4.

Thanksgiving is on the fourth Thursday in November so this year it was Nov 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I thought it was 4th of July, but I wasnt too wrong guessing the 4th of something

Dave Merchant wrote:

Independence Day is July 4.

Thanksgiving is on the fourth Thursday in November so this year it was Nov 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eireannsg1 wrote:

Now is November.

Are you sure that you posted this in the right thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Eireannsg1 wrote:

Now is November.

Are you sure that you posted this in the right thread?

Yes, because I thought "justbingt" was bluffing me when she said that they are celebrating Thanksgiving now. I thought it was on the 4th of July. Turns out is on the 4th Thusrsday of Nov.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines