Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am now REALLY confused regarding cookies

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread John Cornicello wrote:
>Yes, adobeforums.com has a permanent cookie available. But it is disabled at the moment because everyone who wants to have their message history preserved in the new system later this year needs to log out and log back in to get the prompt to associate their current Adobeforums account with their Adobe account.

The statement regarding the expiration of cookies is certainly true on my MacPro running OS X (10.5.6) and Safari (3.2.1).

However...This morning I decided to go to the Lightroom forum from my iPhone. Guess what? I was STILL logged in as Bob Peters. I rebooted the iPHone and I was still logged in. I then powered down and booted the iPhone and...I was STILL logged in as Bob Peters.

So, I booted my laptop and went to the Lightroo, forum. You guessed it, I was STILL logged in when using the laptop.

I then went to my wife's iMac and found that I'm still logged on on that machine!

What the heck is going on? I'm starting to get the feeling that the Web Wizards have corrupted the cookies. Is that possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, we probably don't need yet another topic on this, but, ya, I've only had to log in once lately, on three different machines. I assume that there ares more then just cookies involved. I know that both Windows and Firefox offer to help remember my login info, so I'm guessing that they both have a hand in keeping me logged in regardless of cookies. I imagine that different configurations have similar options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>In another thread John Cornicello wrote:

Then why couldn't you post your message in that same thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio:
>Then why couldn't you post your message in that same thread?

Because it would have been buried in a thread more than 45 items deep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, there are threads that have hundreds of messages, and people continue posting in them. New posts don't get "buried" in them, maybe you are thinking of a different forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to fight amongst your selfs. Change is stressful for all of us.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice I was fighting. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, not necessarily fighting. But I want everyone to save their energy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:
>OK, not necessarily fighting. But I want everyone to save their energy.

Uh oh. does that mean we'll need all that energy later, John :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Get some rest before the big upheavel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as long they get the cookies Matter straightened out. And not go the method used in the Macromedia system that they tried to foist on use two different times I'll be happy. If they do I and 100,00+ other people will descend upon their office with billy Clubs and beat the designer to a Pulp ;-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pjones, you keep talking about foisting the Macromedia System on the forums. That has never happened. I don't know where you are getting that from. The only big forum change was in October 2007 and that time we moved all the data from the Macromedia Forums into THESE forums. And it failed.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pj, please make a serious effort to keep your complains about cookies and logins confined to a single thread. It is really difficult to follow your argument if you post them all over the place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They went to the same exact Cold Fusion system twice it looked carbon copy identical to the DreamWeaver Group which I was signed up to but have gone to in ages.

That's when we would go through a feedback loop of signing in. or we had to sign in for each and every post we read.

That's the system I was referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>They went to the same exact Cold Fusion system twice

no. they redesigned the webx forum sw to look like the other and... erm, nevermind. saving my energy! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, he is hopeless, I also give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. your not wasted effort you admitted (collectively) that you tried to design the Webx Forum System to look like The Macromedia side.

Whether it was a port of this system to look like the Macromedia System, or a direct port over to the Macromedia system. That what people didn't like if they could even get in. That was the system I was referring to.

That was when we had the cookie problem.

Question: some one that smart than I (I am sure everyone else on this Forum is) explain why the cookie system has to be touched in the first place?

when you go to a new window style That shouldn't affect cookies to be gin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pj, they want everyone to see the screen about linking your two IDs, but not see it any more once they have linked. That's why everyone had to log in for a time, so they would see that screen - which only appears to the non-logged-in. Only it didn't quite work as planned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to try my desktop to see if its fixed on it. If so then problem is fixed. If not I will just be resigned to signing in every time on the Desktop Unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pj, your question has been answered several times in other threads of these new FAQs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That was 6 days ago you just getting around to answering this.

My PB is Toast and I am having to use my desktop.

I've gotten use to the aggravation. At least its not like the time before where you had to sign in to every message.

and the time before that where you stuck in an semi-endless loop, where you had to go through 3 windows 20,times before it would stick. They are getting better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines