• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't stay logged in in the forum

Guide ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I am always logged out when I close my browser. (Chrome).

It doesn't ask my password so I assume the cookie was successfully written but nevertheless when I close the browser I have to sign in again next time I use the forum.

In the past I was automatically logged in but that is no more the case.

What could have caused this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, and I suspect it is the same for everyone.  It changed at the same time as we were asked (in my case forced) to change our account password after the Adobe hacking incident.  As you say, the cokkies are working, so for me at least, I just have to click on 'sign in' and after a short delay, I'm in.  No big deal, and if it is to do with tighter security, I'm happy to put up with the slight inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in my case too it was after changing the account password.

As you say it is indeed no big deal only a minor inconvenience...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seems to have change some things after they were hacked.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I've been assuming it's somehow because of the recent security breach, but to be honest I can't see how forcing us to hit the "Sign In" link then having it automatically just log in makes things more secure.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is called using a "sledgehammer to crack a nut". The security breach was in some developer's machine but they saw it fit to make these forums difficult to login. God knows why there was a need for bullet proof security features on these forums. For god sake these are forums , not some credit card processing website.

I can't login at all in these forums and so I only use email to post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mytaxsite, that's the whole point. While I understand strict security measures in the addobe.com site (which have been violated!), there is no reason for them in these user to user forums. And I don't understand while both logging in processes should be linked,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue that I see (potential issue, anyway), is that one's Adobe ID is tied to purchases (Adobe Store), but also to the forums. To address security issues at the top, there will likely have some "trickle down" effects. For many, that will just seem to be an inconvenience, but for others (whose Adobe accounts might have been compromised), it could well be a positive - though still inconvenient.

Just thinking here,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, I reported my apprehensions about linking the adobe.com login with the forums login in that period previous to the Jive takeover, when we were asked for suggestions and comment that were simply ignored afterwards. Unfortunately, nobody took any notice, and we are now paying the price because of a wrong implemetation of a change in the login procedure. A most disgraceful mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I agree, and now, some are "reaping" the issues involved.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not related to the hack, just a coincidental change in the way forum profiles are registered. The issue is being worked on, can't say more than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind the sign-in as long as it allows you to sign out and switch to another profile if you have one.  And should stay signed in the entire day regardless of how many quit and reopen the Browser during the day.

And to be secure. The Forum sign-in should not in any way, shape or forum Tied to the adobe.com sign in.

Someone unsavory could if they could gain access to an already open Forum, could go to adobe.com and get your personal info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without physical security there's likely far more valuable data to be had than one's Adobe info.  And if one wants to play paranoid, there IS the capability to sign in and NOT check the [ ] Remember Me box.

There's no real justification for providing a [ ] Remember Me checkbox but then halfway ignoring it.  That's just more of Adobe's typical/usual performance with regard to running this forum software I think.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter Lightroom Forum and...

(1)  It appears I need to sign in.

(2)  Instead of loggin in I simply refresh the page.   Now I'm logged in!

Why is it so difficult for Adobe to take care of this problem once and for all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Safari and returned to this forum.

(1)  It appears I need to sign in.

(2)  Refresh the page but I still need to sign in.

(3)  Clicked on the Sign In "button".

(4)  The system starts to load the sign in page but quickly returns to this forum and I'm signed in!

@#%)!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's doing that for all of us.

At least for you it's not doing what my several generations old iPhone does...  Starts to load the sign-in page, and...  Nothing more.

I wonder if the same folks are involved with the Obamacare web site.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely they are insane if they had Jive do the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ServerErrorProblem.png

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel, this is what I mean. How do we know that anything is being done about this? There is one message by Dave, a week ago, but as far as I know, he doesn't work for Adobe. And nothing has happened in these seven days, although to me this looks like a very major problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a fix coming sometime next week.  However, from past experience we all know that these forum "enhancements" usually make things worse!  Testing seems to be an unknown step when it comes to the forum; just roll it out and see how it goes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

There should be a fix coming sometime next week....

And how do we laymen know? As far as I know, you are not an Adobe spokeman either... with all the respect I have for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there are some good and conscientious people at Adobe who have the unfortunate task of running this forum software.  They're probably loathe to raise their heads in a thread like this in fear of getting them shot off.  You folks - and you know who you are - have my sympathy for having to deal with this turkey system and whatever bogus management structure yields such ridiculous results.

But yes, that someone at Adobe gets away with doing whatever they want (apparently very little, usually, but sometimes also very bad work) is inexcusable.

This is a public face of the company.  It needs to not look like this:

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like someone from Jive to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that a fix has been implemented, I have once again deleted all adobe.com cookies and passwords.

After logging in once (and checking 'Keep me logged in'), I now get automatically logged in after recycling my browsers (Firefox 25.0 and Palemoon 24.0.2).  So far the fix seems to be a success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines