• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't use my applications now without a subscription. Thats wrong.

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a recent conversation transcript. I was trying to get a CLEAR answer as to what would happen after my 1 year "promo" subscription ran out - or if there was an avenue to simply just use the versions I downloaded. What I received was scripted sales "negotialtion" LOOK. We write code. We're detailed. We're somewhat smart. This "bargaining" was an insult. Plus I was given wrong information. Was told I could still use the Apps downloaded. NOT TRUE. I cannot use any of them - unless I continue to pay their monthly fee. Blatant false advertising. Its down right wrong. Has anyone else expereinced this?

Rashmitha: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Rashmitha: Hi Lee,

Lee Gallison: HI! did you just receive my info and question?

Rashmitha: Please allow me a minute while I review your query.

Lee Gallison: sure!

Rashmitha: Thank you for staying online.

Rashmitha: I understand you would like to continue your subscription, am I correct?

Lee Gallison: Ideally yes, but I cannot offord the 50 per month. So what happens to my applications if I cancel?

Rashmitha: Thank you for confirming.

Rashmitha: I will be glad to check and help you with this issue.

Lee Gallison: k!

Rashmitha: "I understand that you would like to cancel your membership, and I will take care of that for you. However, would you be willing to renew your membership with an annual commitment if I can offer you the next month of your membership for free?"

Lee Gallison: no. that is not helpful. Last year I paid a total of $360. The new subscription (@50 monthly) would be $600. One month would simply bring it down to $550. Still too expensive for me. What happens to the apps I have already downloaded? What happens if for some reason I need to reinstall? Will they still be on my computer?

Rashmitha: However, would you be willing to renew your membership with an annual commitment if I can offer you the two months  of your membership for free?

Lee Gallison: I am trying to make an educated decision, and need to know how my apps are affected. All my other downloads  - I have the installer. What happens here?

Lee Gallison: I only access Cloud for apps and updates - not any of the other "goodies" Do you have a program for people like me?

Rashmitha: You can install latest version of product and start using it.   (***my comment - blatant wrong information.***)

Lee Gallison: Thats good to know. Thank you. So then, the question is, what other/additional services would I like to access for this next subscription. Is that correct?

Rashmitha: You can check for CC, which have additional features. For more information you can login to creative.adobe.com and check for the information.

Lee Gallison: Thank you! I will do that!

Rashmitha: Okay.

Rashmitha: You are welcome.

Rashmitha: I'm happy to help. Do you have anymore questions for me?

Lee Gallison: No. thats it. thx!

Rashmitha: You are most welcome.

Rashmitha: It's my pleasure chatting with you today. You have a great day and take care!

Rashmitha: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

I think there might be a class-action in the future here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can join the crew in here

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1209150?tstart=60

(and there are more threads on this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, John, but you are a salesman from a 3rd party - just looked you up. Not helpful. I am looking for someone from Adobe to answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LeeGallisonAIFD wrote:

Sorry, John, but you are a salesman from a 3rd party - just looked you up. Not helpful. I am looking for someone from Adobe to answer.

Not trying to make friends here, it would seem. Well, this is essentially a user to user forum, with no Adobe personnel  assigned to answer questions, so you are looking at the wrong place for someone from Adobe to answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I wanted to talk to a real person, and not a type-only call center, do you know who I might contact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there is a phone number -if you are willing to spend a couple of hours trying to obtain an answer- but I don't know it because I do not reside in the USA. And I also know that Adobe makes it extremely difficult to obtain personal attention. Sorry if I cannot be more helpful.

Good luck, I think you'll need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>salesman from a 3rd party

I don't know who you looked up, but I'm retired, and I was not in sales for anyone when I worked

If you looked me up, you would know that I have posted several times that I used to work at Washington State University, running the mailroom at a Branch Campus

I use and like Adobe products for myself... but not the Cloud versions

Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

And the link I posted is one that was provided by an Adobe employee, in another forum... the link goes direct to Adobe, not some mythical 3rd party

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the point over all is that cs6 is the last version of licsenced software that adobe plans to offer,  and I agree with Lee that it is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonder if you can sunscribe to individual apps for example $100 a month that is 1200 bucks a year. I'm really only interested in DreamWeaver.  FireWorks I have is more than adaquate I avoid using Flash at all cost. I have one example on my website which I put on there several years ago I have not updated. No one clicks on it and it was a PIA to setup. Acrobat, DreamWeaver, Lightroom. And I am thinking about use Photoshop Elements since I have other software that do about 90 % of Photoshop and the works with Apple's Raw File updates for cameras instead of having to depend on the lates version PS to work with ne cameras. Apple updates the RAW files about once ever 6 weeks or so for free.  Since Igo the Convert from adobe I don't need PS7.

I refer to own my software. Not depend on the good graces of a Company to update. And if the go belly up everything subscribed to is Useless.

Plus despite my have the latest and greatest Cable Connection from Comcast, in my are I have to reset the moden at least once a Day some days up to 5 times. I am not the only one I've talked to several people in my city and a neighboring city 25 miles away and its common with them as well.

So if for a large part of the time The programs are going to be expensive paperweights. I don't need that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines