• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I do not stay signed in the forum

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am requested to sign in, every time i enter the adobe support community. Why is that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

You log in with your AdobeID on Adobe's own server, but the forum is running on a system owned by another company. To authenticate between the two relies on a set of browser cookies, but the "remember me" cookie set on Adobe's login page is ignored by the forum software. This means that all the subsequent cookies created by the forum software expire when your browser session closes, plus there is also an idle timeout feature. There is no plan to "fix" the way this works; Adobe certainly cannot l

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice I get this if I am away for a few hours. I get a login box. I IGNORE THE BOX AND WAIT. After a few seconds it signs in, with no typing from me, and I can continue. I'm not saying this is a good thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happend to me once, also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You log in with your AdobeID on Adobe's own server, but the forum is running on a system owned by another company. To authenticate between the two relies on a set of browser cookies, but the "remember me" cookie set on Adobe's login page is ignored by the forum software. This means that all the subsequent cookies created by the forum software expire when your browser session closes, plus there is also an idle timeout feature. There is no plan to "fix" the way this works; Adobe certainly cannot let the company running the forum have access to the AdobeID database.

You sometimes get logged out of the forums, but clicking the "Log In" button instantly reconnects you without asking for a password. That happens when the "remember me" cookie on Adobe's server is still active, so Adobe's login form instantly sends you back with a new session cookie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains a lot, but all this is a very confusing situation.

Anyhow, today i logged in automatically, though i entered my pasword yesterday.

So the browser session lasts for how long?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A "session" normally lasts until you close your browser window (not just the tab), but there are lots of privacy add-ons that can influence it.

Most browsers let you look at the cookies for the currently-open page; there will be a mountain of them doing marketing tracking but the critical ones for keeping your forum login alive are the ones set by the community subdomain, such as LiSESSIONID. The cookies with a host entry at the .adobe.com top-level domain are from the AdobeID form, so if you chose "stay signed in" those should have an expiry long in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I have an email re a post Dave Merchant has added to this thread, the link brings me here. Only problem is, Dave's post isn't here at the time of looking.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines