• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't want ActiveX controls!

Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the new forum, but the first things that bugged me were the ActiveX controls that are used. There should be no such controls in a forum. They are a serious security issue. I set my browser to prompt for ActiveX controls and I don't want to press 'no' each time I get a page displayed. Adobe please fix this!

Marcus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good point! or use firefox marcus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2009 Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or if you don't want to see Active-X anywhere, anytime, on any website or application; get a Mac. Apple has deemed Active-X more dangerous than Java or JavaScript; and simply doesn't support it period. Apple have found there is no way for Active-X to be made safe.

So the creators of the new forum better take that into account, if they use any Active-X. They have killed any ability for Mac users to use the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these active x requirements? Im dubious the forum requires activex. that would leave out all the linux, mac and non activex browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any trouble using the new forums with a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I don't have any trouble using the new forums with a Mac.

Me neither. But then again, a certain poster seems to have problems in many places that others don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've tried both forums this and the test form and everything they have turned on works. I use a Mac (my preference). So if there was any Active-X it would fall flat on my machine.

I have to go to Alltel website because that's is where my phone service is and there are parts of their site I can't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcus, can you point out the ActiveX controls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, everyone,

I'm soory that I couldn't answer your questions earlier. I was on the road for a project and had no time to visit the forum for two month.

I set IE to prompt for ActiveX controls. so when I display any page of the forum it tells me that an safe for scripting ActiveX control wants access. If I select NO I don't see any change in the display and function of the page. It is still annoying. I can use Firefox of course, but still there shouldn't be an ActiveX control called for the forum pages. I don't know what control is called. The page source code doesn't have an object tag.

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines