• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i feel the current incarnation of the forum discourages participation

Community Expert ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously the creator of a thread and the last person having posted there were listed, now it seems to be limited to the creator.

I myself take less interest in threads that have already received attention and suspect that some others may feel likewise.

So even if post 1 is by the creator themselves (adding some clarifications for example) I can’t see that immediately and am less likely to even check out that thread.

I guess the Forum administrators should be able to determine if more threads have been contributed to by only two people since the last Form update (which might also be an indicator of other problems though).

Maybe (hopefully) others do take a different approach than me, but I think reinstating the listing of creator and last poster to a thread in both Content and Overview would benefit the Fora.

Anyone else wants to share their opinion on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I am feeling with your mother and you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Phillip,

I wish you and your mother all the best. I was in a very similar situation with my father some years ago and know how hard, and at times frustrating, it can be. Try to keep you spirits up and know there are people here pulling for the two of you.

Good luck!

- - - - -

@ Claudio,

I saw that too. But I am keeping my fingers crossed.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also remember that post #21, Claudio, and I have looked at Last logged in with growing concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for giving us hope again, OB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The turnover in the PS forum these days is such that I simply can't keep up any longer. Any given thread that doesn't receive a reply is buried on page four within hours. I've never seen anything like this since I joined in, what was it, 2008 or so.

I had the impression that the frequency was higher in the Photoshop Forum some years ago (back when Ramon, Ann, Buko, … were still active) – but my impression may well have been wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christoph, one of those you mentioned is still around and quite active.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking the current forum "popularity" ("churn"?) is more about Adobe's own support being about 96% below "dismal" lately.  How many folks have we seen lately who have come to the forum looking for activation support?  I mean c'mon.  That's inexecusable.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines