• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a question why is the Adobe Forum so complicated to ask a simple question?

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it so complicated to ask a simple question using Adobe Forum?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe rents the forum software from Jive

Jive Forum Getting Started https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7042

-and Forum Help https://forums.adobe.com/community/forumhelp

User Manual for the Adobe Community (the forums) https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4714

-or http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jive/7.0/community_user/index.jsp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, this is absurdly ridiculous. I am spending 5 minutes to even figure out where to post on here and I had to Google it because there are no directions on the site! What the h*ll?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>figure out where to post

Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to ask a question on Adobe Digital Editions - where's the forum for that!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

analog669  wrote

I want to ask a question on Adobe Digital Editions - where's the forum for that!?

Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you tell me as I need to ask a question and can't even find it on Google!! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lemonbaden  wrote

Please can you tell me as I need to ask a question and can't even find it on Google!! THANKS!

What software are you needing to ask questions regarding? The forums are a little different for Photoshop compared to Acrobat (for example), so we'd need to know where you need to go before we can really help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too ha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled navigating myself around the forums. They're not very intuitive. It's like a maze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChadPT18  what can we help you find?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Jane, thanks for the helpful approach but I have found what I was looking for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree! Very annoying and a total time waster!! Not at all pleased with this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more - customer support and support forums are ORWELLIAN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have cs udate version. so pls help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rajeshd63789847  wrote

i have cs udate version. so pls help me

We may be able to help you if you tell us what program you are talking about and give us full details of the problem you are experiencing, including platform and OS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the main problem is that these products are developed by geeks who spend their life playing with computers and get a kick out of filling them with features that the great majority of users never use just because they can. This just makes them difficult to navigate and even to work out what a window is meant to be for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Adobe programs (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, ...), or the Jive interface? If the first, you are absolutely wrong; the millions of satisfied users around the world proves it. If the second, you may be very near the truth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because they don't want to provide support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a definitive way that you wish to search for a specific problem please state as such and if it somehow ends up in the wrong area there are those of us who work to help you find the right avenue. If you don't ask a question then no one can help with an answer.

We would not be here if we did not wish to provide support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Zircon1, I have the same question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zircon1​

It is quite easy and intuitive to ask a question...if you already know how

e.g. below to ask a question re Adobe Acrobat PDF forms...

1. https://www.adobe.com/

2. support...community forums

3. popular...(or all forums)...acrobat (in my case...or whatever product you have a question about)

4. working with acrobat...PDF forms (again, choose which item your question relates to)

5. PDF Forms: Ask a question

Perhaps my answer took your question too literally.  Anyway, hope it helps.

PS you may have to be signed in first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.  For those still searching, use the dropdown list to locate the environment or type of help you want to receive and scroll down to the bottom and select start new discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could`t agree more-I have a "simple" question but could`t find the right "box" it fit into, and there appears to be nowhere to send a question to the "real people" they seem to be touting.  Another example of the impersonal nature of big companies-they really don`t care about their customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines