• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I hope I am in the right forum. I get so mixed up some times, but....

Nov 29, 2009 Nov 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with Encore not recognizing by DVD unit.

One man here told me to check my Drive Numbers to see if they were in order. Here is mine:

C:/ OS

D:/ 2st internal hard drive (CS4 Work space)

E:/ DVD

F:/ 3nd internal hard drive (Storage/Backup)

G:/ External hard drive (Storage/Backup)

I realize they are not in order, but will these being out of order like this possibly make a difference with my problem?

AND will it destroy anything if I assign new numbers to get them like this:

C:/ OS

D:/ 2st internal hard drive (CS4 Work space)

E:/ 3nd internal hard drive (Storage/Backup)

F:/ External hard drive (Storage/Backup)

G:/ DVD

I really do need to get my projects burnt on DVD dics.

I have a file for my Cashes on F:/ so my C:/ does not get over ran. Not sure this matters, but I want to let you guys know all I can think of since it is usually on C:/.

I am running Vista 64bit if that matters.

(I was able to burn a DVD using a stock video from Media Player; it was the one with the bear.)

Thanks again, Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

You have fallen through a rabbit-hole and have ended up in the Forum Comments forum, where issues regarding the entirety of the Adobe fora are discussed.

You want the Encore Forum. Just Copy your post, head over there, start a new thread and Paste.

See you there,

Hunt

PS - I think I have some answers for you there. Here's hoping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hunt, Jochem and all

I think I may have a clue as to how many folks end up posting here.

If one visits the main Forums entry page, off to the right is an area where one may view the FAQ and "Forum Etiquette and Best Practices".

tmp1.png

Being good do-bees, they likely follow this link and end up reading a post in the Forum Comments forum. Having read the information, they then proceed to post their issue. The thing is, they are inside the Forum Comments forum, so that's where they end up posting.

I'm wondering if the issue could be alleviated by creating a read only forum where threads such as the Best Practices could be stored?

Just pondering... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

That sounds logical to me. I'll ask this poster (know him from other product fora) just how he got here. From the title, it seems that he smelled something wrong. So far, he has not shown up in Encore, but it is Sunday PM in the US. I even "temped" him, as I think I can help with the problem.

This happens so very often, though it seems to have slowed a bit.

I could see locking the FAQ and Best Practices as read-only. If this is the rabbit-hole, it would still allow access, for the intended purposes, but block off the users falling into this forum - where the "Red Queen" lurks... "off with their heads!"

Good work,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got here through the "look glass" of reason or thought; that was my first

mistake. Here is my reasoning. Since I started out with a comment about

encore I wondered if maybe I should go there. But my actual question was not

a specific question about encore. It was about the order of drive numbers.

Encore was simply a lead in. My question about drive numbers, not being

directly related to encore, is where the bottom fell out. As you can see I

got up this AM and drafted my original post to the Encore forum; minus the

comment about being in the wrong place. I now wonder if I will be directed

to a new forum when others see it is related to drive numbers. But what do I

know? LOL Thanks Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim,

Thank you for reporting. I requested that you update this thread, from your Encore post, after I attached an Encore FAQ entry, that might help you.

Now I see how you ended up here. As you are experiencing burning issues in Encore (and maybe other programs?), I think that where you posted in the Encore forum was fine. In a worst-case scenario, Neil, or Jeff, might move it to the DVD Lounge, but I doubt it.

You input is appreciated. Obviously, you did not fall through the rabbit-hole, but many others have.

See you in the Encore thread,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines