• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm getting 10,000 crap e-mails from Adobe a day!

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I ran out of idea's. I'm getting 8,000 to 10,000 emails aday from adobe. I've tryed to connect them and they are looking into it. It's been six days now and they keep closing the case number. I've contacted my webmail supplier and they are just as bad. It's it my business address and this is down to buying CS5 Update!!!! Please sort it out Adobe!!!

Jenny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you followed the steps in the FAQ? How do I stop  receiving email notifications from the Adobe Forums?

If you have, could you provide a screenshot of the Email Notifications page of your profile? It should look something like the image below, only the list of your subscriptions should be empty.

email3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not from the forum, they are from "<StoreManager@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why are you posting this on the forum comments user forum?

In the meanwhile, you can set up a filter which trashes all the emails from that address...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't block or filter. I tryed anything. So which forum do I use? This could happen to any Adobe customer. Just informing people on whats happening. Got to go have 600 emails to delete!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any decent email program has email filters. You can easily set up a filter in your email client to delete all these emails. You don't even need to see them.

Of course this is not a solution, but it can at least make it a bit easier until it's resolved...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mind's not suppoted any more it's supanames.

Just thinking about moving my account. Can't block, or filter.

Adobe say that have turned off thier emails to me.

This is making me angry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still CS5 has just been delieved.

Adobe can you stop the emails now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can you stop the emails now!

Unfortunately, and has been pointed out by Jochem and others, you are not speaking to Adobe. Even if an Adobe Admin sees this, they are likely not even close to the correct department to help, as they work with the Web-end of things, like this forum.

You need to contact Adobe directly, as Jochem has pointed out.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send the case number to me in a private message or email it to userofurm at adobe dot com and I will escalate it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or email it to userofurm at adobe dot com

I hope you meant userforum at adobe dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, what he said... userforu or userforum will work. Sorry about that!

I also agree that it sort of sounds like spam. But I will find someone to look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is the Forum Comments forum of a user to user forum. And it looks like you really need to talk to Adobe about that, not to other users. If you want to try to talk to Adobe the place is the Adobe.com feedback forum that supposedly is monitored by Adobe CS (though I haven't noticed much from them). Alternatively if the content of the emails is security-sensitive (i.e. you get email that is supposed to go to other people) you can try pinging the security team.

Other then that you could analyze the emails to see from which IP address the repetition originates and see who the registered contact for that IP address is at ARIN. But this is not really the place for any of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a case number with support, but Adobe are not dealing with this.

It's a automatic e-mail about how to contact support about my order that is the problem e-mail. Same e-mail over and over again. I can not block this and Adobe are not answering. What am I to do? This is a general forum. If Adobe support was any good I would not be posting this. I have even rang the London office. "Yeh will deal with it". I even said that this must be breaking US and UK law. This is a major company that has no compliants email or phone line. I don't have any thing against the software, just the company. I was hoping they might see this. The trouble with all big companies is they don't want to talk to thier customers, only want to email from a far. Sorry for the rant but Adobe are not talking or emailing me. And even if they were I am having to delete 8,000 to 10,000 emails to see them!!!!! How do I talk to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jenhen1 wrote on 6/2/2010 1:14 PM:

Sorry for the rant

Don't be sorry, be productive. My email contains several suggestions on

what to do and you are not indicating you tried any of them. Why should

we provide more help when you are not even following the instructions I

sent you?

How do I talk to them?

Have you even read my email? Fill out the offending IP address in the

form I linked to and if it turns out to be an IP address assigned to

Adobe (which is far from certain based on your description) the phone

number of the NOC is right there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a look at the webmail details. And there are lots of different "received from" details, about 10 different companies are named, Adobe, Google, obsmtp.com, etc.

Not sure what to look for? But it does say at the end From: StoreManager StoreManager@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a look at the webmail details. And there are lots of different "received from" details, about 10 different companies are named, Adobe, Google, obsmtp.com, etc.

Not sure what to look for? But it does say at the end From: StoreManager StoreManager@adobe.com

Are you sure that isn't just SPAM with faked headers?

storemanager@adobe.com should only come up on emails for downloads you purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, munged From entries can fool one, if they do not look beyond. Heck, 1/3 of the spam shows as coming from my POP account.

I have never gotten more than a couple of e-mails from Adobe Store, and that is for many dozen product purchases. Something is definitely wrong here, but feel that you probably have it correct - the e-mail address has been sold to many spam lists, but I strongly doubt from Adobe. Some spam 'bot picked it up. Just my guess too.

Good luck to the OP!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2010 Jun 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, every body, the e-mails were from Adobe, I pick apart the header, and used "ARIN WHOIS Database Search" that someone had said to use (very useful). Found the IP and then sent an email to the techie guys who had set up the auto emails. Job done they stop it. If I had waited for customer portal to sort it out I would still be here bending everyone's ear.

I am about sack Supanames (my webmail) for thier lack of support. I can say not impress with Adobe's customer care. I know that my auto respond was on and that it wasn't all Adobe's fault, but I'm a small one woman buiness who isn't that techy and Adobe was the one who started with these crap no sense emails,  they have teams of people to sort these problems out. This could happen to anyone. The fact that I could not turn my auto response off or block Adobe done seem to believe me when I have sent hours trying to sort this out. I am now about 3/4 days behind in my work load.

Just type "Adobe customer care" in Google. It quite funny.  And I sent adbecare@adobe.com. a nice long email and I got a very patronizing phone call from "Fiona" head of customer care for Europe. Take a course in how to treat your customers.

Thanks forum.

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jenny,

Glad that you got it sorted out. Sounds like an e-mailer at Adobe went rogue here, and you were the victim.

Though I have all of my e-mail notifications turned OFF (per the screens in that linked article), save for PM notification, I was amazed when I replied to a user's request for turning OFF e-mails, and as soon as I replied, I got 1,000's of e-mails, notifying me of every post to every forum, that I had ever visited. Luckily, Adobe Admin found the issue, and turned them OFF, but I still had to "take out the trash" from MailWasher for three days to get rid of them all. Sometimes, "stuff" happens.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have stopped the e-mails after 6 days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines