• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I really enjoy logging in over and over and over again

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have so much free time on my hands, and I love doing tedious and otherwise useless tasks.  Thank you Adobe for replacing the NNTP servers with this lame web-based forum.  I'll come back in a few hours so I can login again.  Wheeeee!

Best,

Christopher

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't forget to tip the doorman on the way in (and out) and in (and out)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually in favor of eliminating NNTP.  Every time someone posts using that, it comes in with a fixed width and with the entire previous post quoted.  Much better to come here and post on the web, the proper way.  (Or at least, it used to be better, before Adobe 'fixed' it with these new crap forums.)

However, the need to log in every time you come here definitely needs to be fixed.  The Remember Me checkbox MUST be made to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eh? last time i logged in was about 3 days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just logged me out again between reloading a page and clicking on an unread thread. go to hit reply and there's no reply link. sure nuff, logged out. weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote on 2009-04-12 08:32 :

I'm actually in favor of eliminating NNTP. Every time someone posts using that, it comes in with a fixed width

When an NNTP message leaves my computer it has been carefully designed

not to instruct whatever reader is reading it to use a specific font.

The font you see is the font of the recipient, not of the sender. Which

is quite the opposite of the current forums where the sender can specify

the font the recipient should use.

and with the entire previous post quoted.

Again this is not a feature of NNTP. Some people may do that, but they

can do that as well in the current forums.

NNTP is just a transport protocol. Whatever message is send over it is

the responsibility of the sender, however the message is rendered is the

responsibility of the recipient.

I don't see you blaming HTTP for the new look either.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this logging in every 20 mins or so is really freaking annoying. ... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and again...

and it insists on putting my email addy in there instead of my login, so i need to go and delete the "at yahoo dot com" before i can log in.

fix this please.

and fix the back button thing that takes you back to page one even if you're backing out of a thread you were reading on page four.

how long are we expected to put up with this cr#p before you expect us to bail out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing the following: Log out > then Log in using your email address.

Now go to Your Stuff > then Profile.

Next choose edit Profile > the look at the top two or thre lines you'll have a Line with your name First name then Last Name.

Then your Email address click on the radio button associate with your name.

Get out of the dit screen and log off and then log back on as you would see if your Name will show up.

If that don't work  go back to Your Stuff and follow steps again and see if sticks that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>then Log in using your email address.  

that's not my login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

that's not my login.

Dangit dave! Knock it off with the facts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the only way you can change you profile info is log in with your email address or whatever address you used.

Why is it when I explain something that sieems so simple to me any one should understand, they don't. I try to explain as simple as possible.

If it wouldn't compromise my information I would make a screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks pj. please give this one a miss... appreciated. dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now go to Your Stuff > then Profile.

I don't see "Your Stuff" or "Profile".

Best,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the line just below the black block with the word Forums There should be a bar showing your Picture (Avatar) if you have one  welcome, Your User Name; an Item named New Then Your Stuff, then History, then Browse.

Click on Your Stuff. A Drop down list will appear.

If someone has done too much messing around with the CSS for the forum this whole line may be missing.

I've heard some on the forums say they remove everything except the actual textboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only see that once you're logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Try doing the following: Log out > then Log in using your email address.

Tried that, it's still not working.  Have to log in every few hours.

Best,

Christopher

"How convenient."  -- The Church Lady

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had to log in this morning from a different machine (that had been logged in thursday when i left...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on and trying something. If it works (i need several days to try), I'll post what I did if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I'm working on and trying something. If it works (i need several days to try), I'll post what I did if it works.

Well I Tried what I was working on and it didn't work. There is an extension which can be loaded in to SeaMonkey called Web Developer toolbar.

One of the fetures you can alter site cookies to repair them.

I tried changing sign in cookie from session only to one that has an expriation date. And I set it to 2039. Usually it works on the adobe site it doesn't they rewrite the cookies and resend everytime you signed out

So we may end up with session only cookies forever, and have to sign in every 24 - 36 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pj, a session isn't a cookie. a session is data stored on the server for a period of time. most server implimentations default to 20 minutes (apache, IIS, websphere). but that's easily changed... on the server, at the application level. there are cookies that are set to expire at session end, but they're also not the same as the session itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

pj, a session isn't a cookie. a session is data stored on the server for a period of time. most server implimentations default to 20 minutes (apache, IIS, websphere). but that's easily changed... on the server, at the application level. there are cookies that are set to expire at session end, but they're also not the same as the session itself.

Get a copy of Seamonkey or firefox open and go to adobe.com Forums.

Sign in . Now go to toool menu and look for Cookie manager.

Now Go to managed stored cookies.

Now look for adobe.com

You should find at least a half dozen Adobe Cookies.

And will show adobe forums.

SeaMonkeypicture002.jpg

SeaMonkeypicture001.jpg

I won't show information but does show seesion. Which means as soon as the session it stimed out it no longer works and a newone is sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

switching machines seems to be involved as i had to log in again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's frustrating.

At first I thought the requirement to log in over and over was due to ironing out the bugs of the new setup.

But it doesn't seem to have changed. And the frequency of needing to log in is random.

Some days I manage to go over 10 hours without having to log in. Others, it's not more than 30 minutes.

Is this something that might change in the future? Or should I just make the log in screen my default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today has been horrible. i've logged in no less than 5 times!!! arrrggggghhhh!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines