• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I really enjoy logging in over and over and over again

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have so much free time on my hands, and I love doing tedious and otherwise useless tasks.  Thank you Adobe for replacing the NNTP servers with this lame web-based forum.  I'll come back in a few hours so I can login again.  Wheeeee!

Best,

Christopher

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we will have to wait for JC to come back, because I can't recall or find a Claudio_González account, or even remember ever having needed a second one.

By the way, the scroll bar under your last message indicted that the image you included was wider than 450 px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Well, we will have to wait for JC to come back, because I can't recall or find a Claudio_González account, or even remember ever having needed a second one.

By the way, the scroll bar under your last message indicted that the image you included was wider than 450 px.

Yeah, John will have to explain that one. I don't have a clue, except that I know I had a WebX forum account for many years before I ever established that second Adobe Store account. And I started THAT account during the failed FuseTalk forum changeover.

And, regarding your scroll bar observation: Erm...what's your point? I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your reminder, but of course I know what that means. We wouldn't have that problem if the forums' design had been better thought out, with a wider and/or flexible message column and no sidebar..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos±four dots wrote:

And, regarding your scroll bar observation: Erm...what's your point? I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your reminder, but of course I know what that means. We wouldn't have that problem if the forums' design had been better thought out, with a wider and/or flexible message column and no sidebar..

Well, the of course may be obvious for you, but I didn't know if you -and others- were aware of the problem, as I haven't seen you in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/422387?tstart=0

Incidentally, this is another example of the Jive software efficiency. When one begins inserting an image, the following warning is displayed:

Maximum file size: 2.0 MB. Also, please note that images larger then 450px wide or 600px tall will be scaled to fit those limits in your content.

(my emphasis). For me, this means that your image should have automatically been scaled down, and therefore no scroll bar should have been necessary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DANG!

I thought the log-in problem was fixed. I was also thinking that maybe the forum log-in had been separated from the Adobe Store log-in.

I stayed logged in to the forums for well over 24 hours, through 2 intentional browser shutdowns, through extensive navigation away from the forums, and after 6 hours of system sleep. Fortunately, it kept me logged in as I spent about an hour coding up a long F.A.Q. (I was cautious about it though, and kept saving out my progress to a text file). And, for most of the times that I took notice, I didn't see my name at the very top of the page to indicate I was also logged in to the store.

Then this afternoon I put my system to sleep for about an hour while I took a nap. Come back, make it through two forums, and then BANG!!! kicked out.

This §hit's getting old. It'd be one thing if it was predictable. It's annoying as hell that it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos±four dots wrote:

DANG!

I thought the log-in problem was fixed. I was also thinking that maybe the forum log-in had been separated from the Adobe Store log-in.

I stayed logged in to the forums for well over 24 hours, through 2 intentional browser shutdowns, through extensive navigation away from the forums, and after 6 hours of system sleep. Fortunately, it kept me logged in as I spent about an hour coding up a long F.A.Q. (I was cautious about it though, and kept saving out my progress to a text file). And, for most of the times that I took notice, I didn't see my name at the very top of the page to indicate I was also logged in to the store.

Then this afternoon I put my system to sleep for about an hour while I took a nap. Come back, make it through two forums, and then BANG!!! kicked out.

This §hit's getting old. It'd be one thing if it was predictable. It's annoying as hell that it's not.

Obviously, it hasn't been fixed.

It is not predictable, and it seems to be completely random. Today I was logged in when I switched on my two computers, and have remained logged all day. So far. Perhaps I will be logged out while posting this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new twist of the login problem. I have just switched on my Mac, and when I entered these forums, I wasn't logged in. I opened one of the long threads, and found I couldn't change pages. I then restarted Firefox, and guess what? On coming back to the forums, I had been logged in!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another new one: I was logged when I started my Vista machine, and stayed logged during about one hour of inactivity, but was kicked out while I was reading the messages in a thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well it took over half an hour to load the first page this morning but I was still logged in.

Will miracles never cease?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP IT!

I was logged in when I started reading some threads.  Then, with no warning, I was logged out!

I repeat:  Are Adobe and Jive doing ANYTHING to fix this stupid problem?  Am I asking too much?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I asking too much?

You certainly are not asking too much, but if you think they know how to fix it, you are probably expecting too much. These problems are consistent with Adobe's track record regarding user forums. The Adobe product line is great; the Adobe user forums, as Kazakh journalist Borat would say, not so much.

Best,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I went back to work. now I'm uploading some files and I pop back over here and I'm logged out again.

these have got to be the suckiest forums on the planet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worst forums in the universe. Any aliens worth counting are far more advanced.

But I thought "logging in all the time" was a new "feature" to help us remember our passwords? Right? Was I lied to by Jive again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The greatest joy is when you carefully write a long and thorough post, and it dies because you get logged out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The greatest joy is when you carefully write a long and thorough post,

and it dies because you get logged out.

Perhaps Adobe staff are logged out before they have a chance to read these complaints and are unaware of these problems.

Best,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christopher Glaeser wrote:

The greatest joy is when you carefully write a long and thorough post,

and it dies because you get logged out.

Perhaps Adobe staff are logged out before they have a chance to read these complaints and are unaware of these problems.

Best,

Christopher

In my case there has been a time or two that what happened to you happened to me and after I logged back on I found  an ote above the post that they had recovered a file. I clicked on it and it turned out to be the message I was typing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They might be frightfully busy with sorting out the bugs and requests regarding the jive software but this particular annoyance could be dealt with separately and quickly.

No?

Oh well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but this particular annoyance could be

dealt with separately and quickly.

No?

Past experiences have not been good. The last time they rolled out a new user forum it had so many problems that were apparently unfixable, they had to toss it overboard and roll back to the previous version. Here's hoping they will toss this junk too and roll back again, but I expect they will reject any notion of defeat this time and we'll just have to suffer this crappy implementation.

Best,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NUTS!  I get tired of logging in again and again!  Why has this problem NOT been fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

NUTS!  I get tired of logging in again and again!  Why has this problem NOT been fixed? 

Same question, same reply?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1911643#1911643

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio González wrote:

Bob_Peters wrote:

Same question, same reply?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1911643#1911643

I know.  That is the really frightening possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines