• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to delete a post I made but I can't

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to delete a post I made but I can't. 

When I click on more, nothing appears. 

I read that only professionals Adobe users can do it, so anybody can helping me ?

I think that it is incredible to not be able to delete my own post ! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only employees may delete a message... but nobody can do anything without a link

Post the message link here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually no users can Delete posts. Some users, Moderators, can Move posts to a forum where a Staff member, an Adobe Employee, can delete it from that restricted forum.

Post a link to the post you want deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must ask is it just this ONE post to that conversation or the whole conversation?

And the big question is (If you want the whole conversation removed or even that one post) WHY?

You haven't posted any personal info or give away any Trade Secrets.

2020-09-19 07_48_45-Re_ Effect or filter research - Adobe Support Community - 10784671.png

I personally don't see any reason to Delete either that one post, your last in that conversation, or the whole thread/conversation.

I would be happy to do that for you if you can come up with a good reason why that should happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me expand on my above post.

This forum is set up to Help Adobe software users. Any post that has helpful information and does not contain any trade secrets or personal information should stay to help other users that may have the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you mean about helpful informations.

However today I want to delete as much as possible information about me on the internet. 

The fact of not being able to do it myself on this forum shocks me and strengthens me in the idea of ​​wanting to delete it, having no control over it. 

So would like to delete the whole conversation or at least everything I wrote. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand your concern. BUT there is nothing in that conversation about YOU.

Nothing that anyone could use to get information about who you are, where you live, what you do or even your real name. That is unless your Real Name is Black rainbow.

Just like this conversation about Deleting that other conversation.

And I just realized it is 10 months old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're spitting into the wind.  This is a public forum.  Once you post something online, it's in the ether forever.  Even if you could delete your public posts, that doesn't make them go away from the Internet. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did move your other post to a restricted forum that all content gets deleted by a Staff member.

So it is basically deleted.

I do have a suggestion though.

You might think about disconnecting your computer from the internet and throwing your Smart Phone in a body of water as those 2 devices could be hacked to gain your persoanl info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And while you're at it, don't post anything personal on FaceBook or other social media channels. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines