• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert Image broken in Chrome

LEGEND ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert Image in Chrome brings up a completely black dialog with no visible controls:

insert.PNG

(Most recent Chrome, version 26.0.1410.64 m on Windows 7 64.)

Wish I knew which browser Jive/Adobe is testing with, so I could just use that and not worry.  I had switched to Chrome when IE broke, but it looks IE is now working again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happened to me with IE 8 (on XP-Pro), and I went to Chrome to fix it.

I have not encountered that issue yet, using Chrome, BUT with some fairly recent Jive update, I did lose my Attach Link function - looks exactly like your screen-cap for Attach Image.

My Chrome is Version 26.0.1410.64 m also, and I just Attached about 8 Images this AM (Monday, May 20).

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the same version of Windows and Chrome and can't duplicate this. Have you tried clearing your browser cache or anything like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing from Chrome/Windows.

bridge_72.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did Settings > History > Clear Browsing Data and selected everything from the beginning of time and then restarted the browser.   But I get the exact same symptoms, an all-black Insert Image dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if that would clear the cache. Try this…

go to chrome//settings and click on Show Advanced Settings

In the Privacy section click Clear Browsing Data

Then check the Empty the Cache check box

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That took me to the same dialog I used before:

Capture.PNG

I checked everything again, but still no effect :-<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what else to offer. I've tested using Chrome on both Mac and Windows and have not been able to duplicate the condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks.   IE is working again, so I'll use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

It sounds like it's a "six of one, half-dozen of another" situation. I can Attach Images in Chrome, but not Attach Links. In IE 8, I can Attach Links, but not Images... such is life.

2 Glasses of red wine 320x320.jpg

From Chrome on Windows XP-Pro SP3.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John R. Ellis wrote:

Insert Image in Chrome brings up a completely black dialog with no visible controls...

Some of these pop-up dialogs, regardless of the browser, you just have to wait them out.  Sometimes it's a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes - eventually they will open up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of these pop-up dialogs, regardless of the browser, you just have to wait them out. Sometimes it's a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes - eventually they will open up.

Hmm, I tried Insert Image one hour and 20 minutes ago, and it's still all black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat,

For Insert Link in Chrome (XP-Pro SP3), I have actually gone to get a haircut, just over the mountain, and nothing changed in what I would guess was a full 45 mins.

Yes, in some instances, "waiting out" a screen can yield dividends, but I think that this is just not one of those - but would be happy to be corrected.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines