• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert Link and Insert Image broken in Chrome

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Insert Link and Insert Image buttons have been broken in my Chrome for at least the last couple of days (latest version, 32.0.1700.72 m, Windows 7 64).  

When you click one of the buttons, the overlay window appears with a title, but it is otherwise black with no contents.  (See screenshot below.)

The buttons work fine in Firefox.  What hasn't helped: deleting cookies, clearing the browser cache, waiting for several minutes for their content to appear.

Capture2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haya1ch.jpg

Chrome 32/Win7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it works again for me too; must be the phase of the moon.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me from time to time; I retry a coule of times, and eventually it will work (on Firefox, not Chrome).

It's one of the many things we will just have to live with; it will never get fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

The same thing happens to me from time to time; I retry a coule of times, and eventually it will work (on Firefox, not Chrome).

It's one of the many things we will just have to live with; it will never get fixed...

Pat, I find that kind of attitude difficult to accept. In my opinion, there is an ever growing number of bugs (or "features", as some participants have called them), some of which have been with us since the beginning of the Jive era. This forum is full of complaints about them and, true, not much is done to correct them. And some of the new "features" even grow worse as the weeks go by, like the login one for example. So I don't like it when people I respect, like you and Bill Hunt, say "Well, I/we will have to learn to live with it".

I think that Adobe is being terribly irresponsible about this. I think that they insist in ignoring the fact that people like you and Bill and so many others give them for free so much of their time, their knowledge and their expertise to provide them with a first class free customer service in replacement of their horrible paid one. The very least that Adobe could do for repaying them in a minimum extent is to make sure that these forums work as fluently and efficiently as they should. It would be a shame if yesterday's temporary "feature" (having to accept the Terms of Use for logging in) became permanent and everyone of you had to spend several minutes to re-enter every time you are away for a couple of minutes.

So my answer is: no, let's not learn to live with these "features". Let's continue complaining about them, once and again and again. Let's not run the risk that some of the best MVPs begin becoming fed up with living with so many bugs and start leaving the forums. That would be fatal, and very likely irreversible.

Sorry to diasgree so vehemently with you on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whtat are we supposed to Claudio? All descend on Adobe with  clubs and try to beat some sense into someone!

The fact is the customer is no longer the prime concern. Most companies don't give a Rats behind (toned down to prevent censors action) about the customers. It's the almighty dollar. Screw as many customers as they can while they can and line their pockets with all the green backs  as they can while they can. Then if the cusomers leave so be they take their money and run.

Customer use to have power, they would speak loud and frequently and get things  fixed. And what with people from other countries now owning US companies, That were brought up with different moral compasses. They have no concept of this thing of loyalty to customers. The customer can jump off a cliff and they will simply cheer them on while the do so.

We have lost, the fight can't be won. It no use. So Pat and others are right.

I've been trying for 15 years for adobe to fix the issue of having multiple Pdfs created from Office documents because the claim they can't figure out how MS does Page and section breaks. And the issue of Weblinks not being active when converted to PDF's Both on Mac's yet on PC's there is no issue. I quite this year after I received a down right nasty not from Adobe say they didn't have any interest in fixing the bugs and were not about to try. What it amounted was go take a flying leap.

They have the ability. They have beenblaming Its apple because they don't do such and such , or Microsoft because they don't do so and such. On the Links issue Saying MS doesn't provided the necessary hooks in the mac version of Office. They do you can take a Word document created on a Mac and open a PC and create a PDF and the links will be active. You can Open a Word Document in Apple's pages and all links created in Office document will be there.  The argument has been proven several different ways to be a an outright bald-faced lie. The defect is squarely with the Mac version of Acrobat.

So Pat and others are right. Just throw in that towel. Adobe support of its customers is now 10 times worse than intuit's which is supposed have the lowest reputation of any software compny that ever existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

Whtat are we supposed to Claudio?

Complain. Aroun here there is a saying that talks about what you could call "the sacred right to complain". Until the really important participants begin to leave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are leaving anyway. In fact a lot of them have left after complaining their hearts out.

The only reason I stick around is for answering some question for Acrobat Mac. Plus I am a Glutton for punishment.

I was bullied as child and Never got over it so its made me stubbon. I've been on the Internet since the day of 300 baud modems and Bulliten Boards. And had to acquire thick sikin because the attitudes (that are still previlant) tha Mac are POS designed for Dumbxxs. It has made my stubborness even strong.

So yes I am going to complain. And I am not going to be run off. I may croak tomorrow and not sign on, or develop Alzheimer's. But those will be the only reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

They are leaving anyway. In fact a lot of them have left after complaining their hearts out.

The only reason I stick around is for answering some question for Acrobat Mac. Plus I am a Glutton for punishment.

Or it could be that you are a loner looking for something to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have plenty to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Chrome (on PC) has not been able to insert a Link - for many months now.

I went to Chrome, because with one of the forum changes, my IE browers could no longer Attach an Image. While I miss being able to insert a link, I can do that with a Copy & Paste operation. As I use Attach an Image many times a day, I continue with Chrome, even though that Link function does not work.

IIRC, the Link function never did work on my Chrome, but I moved over rather long ago, so maybe it WAS there once, but got lost in a shuffle?

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines