• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it even possible to activate products anymore???

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled Dreamweaver on my computer last week, went through activation process and it said that my serial number was already activated once so I needed to call to re-register the product and get an activation code. Was transferred twice after calling customer service line, finally got to activations and sat on hold for two and a half hours before finally hanging up last Friday. Called again today to try to register went through the same process, transferred twice, got to activations, been sitting on hold for over three hours. Who has time for this????? Worst customer service of any software product our company owns!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum discusses the forums, not products

http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it almost seems like adobe is giving up all pretense of caring about it's customers... almost...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

it almost seems like adobe is giving up all pretense of caring about it's customers... almost...

... almost...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has past the "almost" part of the problem and has fallen off the cliff.

dave milbut wrote:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've had an open case for over 3 weeks. Keep getting told my problem is fixed, so they're closing the case. I re-open it, pointing out nothing has been achieved, they close it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost all Software Companies are getting that way. The only reasons Appl'es hasn't suffered is because of Steve Jobs. The second he croaks or quits. Apple's support will nose dive and be no better than anyone else's.

All that's important is woo you until you buy the product. As soon as it (the software) gets in your hot little hands, and they get your money its: Goodbye Turkey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Micah,

I'm sorry you had the problem. You should not have called technical support or customer support. There is a special phone number on the Activation Message screen that you saw that you should have called. When I have called that number, I have had quick response time. Of course the last time I called was awhile back, but there is no reason you should put yourself into the position of being a ping pong ball.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeKazlow wrote:

but there is no reason you should put yourself into the position of being a ping pong ball.

umm, except that they want to use their software???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was transferred twice after calling customer service line, finally got to activations and sat on hold for two and a half hours before finally hanging up last Friday. Called again today to try to register went through the same process, transferred twice, got to activations, been sitting on hold for over three hours.

Sounds like he arrived at the right place and then got left on hold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kath-H wrote:

Sounds like he arrived at the right place and then got left on hold.

What Mike said does work:

activ.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines