Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it me, is it Adobe or is it Opera?

Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer to use Opera as a browser.

There seems to be some sort of conflict though. I cannot post to any Adobe forum in any reasonable manner from Opera.

When I press return, the current line moves DOWN and the next line appears ABOVE. Somehow doesn't fit known (at least to me) reading conventions.

Any comments welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joziG wrote on 7/6/2010 12:43 PM:

I prefer to use Opera as a browser.

Opera is not supported. See the list of supported browsers at

http://www.jivesoftware.com/docs/clearspace/2.5.16/ClearspaceInstallGuide.html#SystemRequirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OUCH! That is quite a book you are throwing at a poor layperson, Jochem!

Wonder what Opera is doing wrong to be excluded? It gives me better service than any of the other browsers mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, Opera doesn't work right in this trash, but from what others say neither does FireFox or IE (maybe if you have a supercomputer?).  Oddly enough Chrome seems to be the only reliable browser to use for this JIVE 'software' rubbish.

It's not Opera, it's not even Adobe (although they were probably defrauded and baited by Jiveware snake oil salesmen to buy this junk, via lies claiming it would actually function)--it's the Jive JavaScript hackers fault that it doesn't work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FireFox and SeaMonkey work reasonably well except for the First line of Text being split.

You can work around that by hitting return three times and then deleting three time before you start typing.

supposedly the defect has been fixed 2.5.17of the software which came out over 9 months ago. We are still using 2.5.16.  other than that, and occasional showing of code in what looks like a tooltip. see this: http://screencast.com/t/OTczNWJjOGQt    It works reasonably well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

It works reasonably well.

It depends on your definition of "reasonably well".  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering what we have to work with, (with this forum system) anything that works at all is reasonably well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it could come down to "the enemy that you know" vs "the enemy that you do not know." We all (well, many anyway) admit that things could and should be better. Still, most have learned to live with the quirks, and a lot of astute users, and admin. have offered up workarounds, and the like.

As per an answer to another user, who dislikes the current fora, I'd be most worried about loosing everything, since the Jive changeover.

I am certainly not signing any praises for the Jive-fora, but do we want another changeover?

Just an observation,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

... but do we want another changeover?

Just an observation,

Hunt

To something like the old forums? I'd love it. Unfortunately, it is not possible, because we have lost too many of the best collaborators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am certainly not signing any praises for the Jive-fora, but do we want another changeover?

Just an observation,

Hunt

Depends on whether it's done right, a better solution is selected (home-grown IF Adobe's need is really that unique, which allegedly it is based on past comments about not having any other alternatives), and whether they're willing to listen to their users concerns next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Speaking Of work arounds. The defeect that is worked around by hittting return the removing the same returns before posting according to a Reference JVD made the other day was actually fixed in 2.5.17 the referenced post was over nine month ago (early Sept 2009) yet we haven't been updated to 2.5.17.  In fact in a Previous Post months ago the very latest Jive software is 4.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joziG wrote:

When I press return, the current line moves DOWN and the next line appears ABOVE. Somehow doesn't fit known (at least to me) reading conventions.

That happens on Firefox as well.  Not every time, but about 20% of all times I hit the Return or Enter key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines