• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it true that Adobe flash hurts your site's rankings?

Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to overhaul my website and am wondering is adding flash is worth it or not. I have heard that flash is bad for rankings though, is there any tricks around it? I don't want to make any more mistakes going forward.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to ask in the Flash forum

When you do, you need to cite your source of "I have heard" not just some vague rumor

If you go to the Forums Index http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

You will be able to select a forum for the Adobe product you use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are so worried about Flash, why don't you use HTML5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you use to create HTML unless They added it in DreamWeaver 6  can't do it in adobe products. I'd love to switch everything I have on my website to HTML5  and get rid of what flash I have.  Every other application I've tried expect you to twrite code. I am not a code writer. Just to old and not smart enough to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

unless They added it in DreamWeaver 6  can't do it in adobe products.

I don't know about DW 6, but DW 12.1 can definitely do it: http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/insert-html5-video.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I meant DreamWeaver CS6  went to your link and the  Version for FireFox is wrong. its up to version 20 now and is supposed to render any HML5 content/Pages just fine.

Does DeamWeaver CS6  capable of creating purely 100% HTML pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lartinos wrote

I am about to overhaul my website and am wondering is adding flash is worth it or not. I have heard that flash is bad for rankings though, is there any tricks around it? I don't want to make any more mistakes going forward.

Not that I know of but try posting your question on Dreamweaver forum using this link:

<http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver?view=discussions>

Site ranking is "Rocket Science" because Google (and others) think that their programmers needs to keep themselves busy by changing the ranking algorithm on a regular basis.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines