Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues after the update

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the origninal post is locked

, here are some remarks about the offered work arounds, plus some additional remarks:

The stupid carriage returns are left in this message.

Work around # 4 does not work, on the contrary, it makes it worse, often duplicating the code.

Issue # 8 also applies to BMP and attach does not work, it gives the same error.

Missing is that the 'Go to original message' works unreliably, if at all.

The HTML view is effectively rendered useless with all the inserted code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Hard Return seems to actually be getting worse. I just look up more often and Back

space (happened again) to correct (did not do that here, or later). It seems to be in the first few lines of the r

eply (happened again), but not always. When it does happen, the little justification icons in the editing scr

een's (there it goes again) Toolbar will flicker in IE 7.5.

I have yet to get any image to attach via the "camera" icon. Have tried all of the approved and sized them to ridiculously small sizes. Nothing. Yet, judging by post dates, it seems that others still can. Looking back on some of my older posts, with those attachments, it seems that all are still up.

Wow, all of these improvements!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, but at least we have learned that a workaround for the 4

04 error is to refresh the page!

(Extra linefeed by courtesy of the software).

Addition: and that a workaround for the extra linefeeds is to remove them manually!!!

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interestingly, I have not encountered the hard return or the issue with the image upload.  BUT, I've not been logged out yet either ... makes me afraid for when that happens!

merry_small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper,

Do you mean that you have NOT encountered the line feed?

Also, did you use the "camera" icon to post the pooch pic, or embed it via HTML in the message?

One PrPro user in NZ has not had any issues since Black Monday either. Are you in OZ, or NZ? Maybe it's a hemispheric thing.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had had the problem as of yet with the camera feature not working. However; I have exibited the crawling line feeds. That happen without in help on my part. Typing and suddenly on another line.  I just deletel them and keep on trucking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had had the problem as of yet with the camera feature not working.

Phillip,

I wonder if this is a geographical blackout (though I am in AZ, USA and Harm is in Holland?), or similar. How about block quotes? Do they work for you?

Yes, the automatic formatting via the line breaks is something else. My Backspace key is getting worn out. Thank goodness I know where it is.

Thanks for reporting,

Hunt

PS - you marked a recent post here as Answered. There were points still available [cough, cough] and those are starting to shrivel on the vine [wink, wink]. Maybe you need to revisit it and clear up some accounting matters [nod, nod], regarding those left-over points. Have you seen the TV commercial for the wireless provider and the "roll-over minutes?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

I haven't had had the problem as of yet with the camera feature not working.

Phillip,

I wonder if this is a geographical blackout (though I am in AZ, USA and Harm is in Holland?), or similar. How about block quotes? Do they work for you?

Yes, the automatic formatting via the line breaks is something else. My Backspace key is getting worn out. Thank goodness I know where it is.

Thanks for reporting,

Hunt

PS - you marked a recent post here as Answered. There were points still available [cough, cough] and those are starting to shrivel on the vine [wink, wink]. Maybe you need to revisit it and clear up some accounting matters [nod, nod], regarding those left-over points. Have you seen the TV commercial for the wireless provider and the "roll-over minutes?"

In another thread I just posted an image of my Great niece by using the Camera Button. Although it is a Large looking image it was actually formatted for a Cell Phone.

So quoting appears to work and Camera button appears to work. I do have problem with line breaking at wierd places at no certain times. And I have to constantly have to go back to mystuff > Profile > profile preferences > and set to use my name and email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I got that. Thank you for posting. It seems that some still have that feaure, or that it has been restored. Maybe it's a "rolling fix," and started in San Jose. If it went West, I will be the last to get it, in Arizona. As I recall, you are in the US and in the East, or Midwest. Maybe a day, or so, and AZ will get fixed?

Again, I appreciate you checking this out for us.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See for yourself, but my experience is that quoting the whole message works, but copy and paste a part of the message, highlight and then pressing the quote button does not work. And yes, Bill, I'm in the Netherlands, province of Zuid-Holland, city Rotterdam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the Mid-Atlantic Section of the US. I am about equal distant from  the most North Eastern State and the tip of Florida In South Central Virgina. Just  bordering North Carolina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, (or whomever you are tonight?!?!?)

I still do not have the camera. I guess that the process got hung up over Texas - bad weather?

The forum is quite slow tonight, and the only benefit appears to be that the MOD's on one of my product fora has added a great sticky on how to get help. Obviously, I realize that the sticky has nothing to do with the forum maintenance, but had to comment.

I'll just sit tight and see if the subscribers in, say Nevada, get the camera back. If I have not, then I will scream!

Thanks for reporting.

Hunt

PS - at least I can picture the Mid-Atlantic Region, unlike some. Of course, I understand the Tidewater Region, and Gullah cuisine too, so I might not be mainstream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least we didn't lose the "Mark all as read" button after the update!     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tidewater area of Virginia is 5 hours (approximately) east of where I live. I go to Virginia Beach on occasion for meeting of an Electronics Association I belong to. I not able to go as much since mother's health has gone bad.

But to the topic at hand I still am able to use the camera button. How the change over has affected me (to .16 from .7). I keep showing up as PjonesCET rather than Phillip Jones.

and on the first line of typing I en

d up with the text breaking. (List this)

Which I have to back space to get rid. For now this is a minor irritant, as well as having to change my identity. I'm hoping they will be fixing them both asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I got brave and decided to log out and see if I run into any of the issues that you guys have had.  So far no unintended line breaks.  Let's check the camera icon and see if it's still working for me (has been working up until now...)  tab_left.gif

Yep, it works.

I did just have one thing interesting happen, but I am not sure if it's new because I don't normally post images on Adobe.com as per their TOS, they will keep the image and do whatever they want with it w/o worrying about copyright infringement.....

On to the issue, once uploading the image, the cursor is sent back to the "home" position, meaning the uppper left first character space.  Is this normal behavior?  Seems to me the cursor should be immediately following the uploaded content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have thought Adobe would have changed the TOS when they updated to 2.5.16. But, your right, they didn't. Why would anybody want to post anything of value or share their tricks of the trade when they lose and surrender all rights of their work to Adobe. Maybe the TOS will be changed in the next upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9,

I don't see them changing it back to reasonable.  It has nothing to do with the Jive software, it has everything to do with the mindset of the administration of Adobe themselves.

The terms in the TOS are what ruined the Photography forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with that. Once people read the TOS they said the heck with that and beat feet. Why work hours and hours on a project, post it on here to show it and get feedback, and then have Adobe claim it belongs to them to do what they please with. It is so immoral and unethical.

greenjumpyone wrote:

dec9,

I don't see them changing it back to reasonable.  It has nothing to do with the Jive software, it has everything to do with the mindset of the administration of Adobe themselves.

The terms in the TOS are what ruined the Photography forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wait. Our buddy in NZ stayed logged-in through Black Monday, and at last report

was (love the line break) still logged-in.

I know that this will sound like a line from Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but do not close your eyes. Do not let sleep overtake you. Stay logged-in. There are horrors, that I cannot describe awaiting, even a few moments of sleep.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Early yesterday, I had an issue of not being able to post; I managed to log out and in again which did not solve the issue. After closing down FF and restarting, I could post normally again.

I get the line breaks, but rarely.

I have never seen the added code.

I always blockquote the lot and then cut out parts and sometimes write one or more answers into the quote in a different colour. This works the same way as always, with the occasional mess and and different leading.

I have never used the Camera Icon or attached files; links to uploaded images/files have worked as usual.

These observations are from the TST area, 9 hours before PST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having read your post, Jacob, the 'Go to or

iginal post' (thanks for inserting a carriage return again)

does not (thanks again) work. You have to scroll

to the (thanks again!) top to go back to the index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Go to original post works over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt,

I am in the US, in FL.  I have not yet been logged out.  I have  not had any of the extra lines added to my replies.  I did add the photo via the camera icon.

I am getting out my tin foil  hat now ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, a report of a new problem that doesn't seem to be very common.

The first time I tried to come into these forums after the last change, I found that my identity had been changed to Claudio_González, with a very different profile, no avatar and no picture of mine. This happened in Safari/vista, Explorer/Vista and Firefox Mac. My identity was restored without my intervention not long afterwards, both in Explorer/Vista and in Firefox/Mac. As for Safari/Vista, I managed to restore it manually only next day, by a procedure I posted elsewhere.

After that, all went well until yesterday morning, when I found that I had been logged out in Firefox/Mac, but not in the other two computers. I just logged in normally, and all went well again. Until last night. I didn't use my Win machine in the whole afternoon and, when I came to the forums to check the situation before switching it off, I found that my identity had been changed again to Claudio_González, both in Safari and in Explorer, while >I remained logged in Firefox/Mac. Partly because it was too late, and partly because I wanted to introduce a time difference between logins in them, I only re logged in in Explorer. For that, I followed the procedure described in the new FAQ, which this time worked. After logging in, I found that apparently I had only been logged in the forums, but not in the Store, which made sense and didn't worry me:

welcome.JPG

When I switched on my computers this morning, the situation was as follows:

• Logged out in Firefox/Mac. Logged in without problem except no Welcome in the upper row (as in the image above) for a couple of seconds, but welcomed afterwards.
  • Still logged in Explorer/Vista, no change (no Welcome in the upper row).
  • In Safari/Vista, the situation had changed from logged in with a wrong identity, to logged out completely. I logged in normally without problems, and got both Welcomes at once.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time and I don't have the knowledge to try to collect all the data that is now required to report properly/formally such problems.

Now, to specific aspects aspects discussed in this thread.

• These buttons have been there, and working, for months:
  • original.JPG

(I know because I use them all the time, specially the one at the right). I have just checked, and they both worked in all my three configurations.

• As can be seen in this message, I have had no problem in inserting JPGs using the camera button.
  • I get the extra linefeed, but not always, and apparently on the first line only (not this time, but it´s there in my previous messages).

I may be forgetting other issues, but things are becoming unstable in this box, so I'll try to post before I lose everything.

Addition: I did forget to mention that, when I post a message, I am now been taken to the original post, not to mine.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I post from here, I am taken to our latest posts, I think.

Edit: I am. TST is a good area for hiding from unpleasant issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines