Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues after the update

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the origninal post is locked

, here are some remarks about the offered work arounds, plus some additional remarks:

The stupid carriage returns are left in this message.

Work around # 4 does not work, on the contrary, it makes it worse, often duplicating the code.

Issue # 8 also applies to BMP and attach does not work, it gives the same error.

Missing is that the 'Go to original message' works unreliably, if at all.

The HTML view is effectively rendered useless with all the inserted code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, I'm getting both Welcomes in Firefox/Mac, but only the lower one (Forums) in Safari/Vista and Explorer/Vista.

And where  I am taken when I post a message seems to depend on the browser I'm using. The previous one was sent from Explorer, and I was taken to the OP. This one, from Safari, and I was taken to my post (the last).

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use FF

I just tried in IE but it got stuck loading some picture(s), the message saying 3 items remaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queues are back!

2 hours and counting:

q.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

They're back!

2 hours and counting:

q.jpg

Still counting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seeing something interesting... after a reboot, i'm logged out when restarting ff3.5.5 (winxp sp3) - lounge and this forum are bookmark tabs so go right in... i click the "login/register" link and am automatically logged back in without having to re-enter username/pw. note that last time i logged in on this system i took the advice of someone who posted here about the "remember me" box being broken, so i DIDN'T check that box.

now it DOES seem to rememebr me, and what's more, even when i'm "logged out", a single click seems to log me back in.

cutting and saving this post in case i get the boot when i click post. (but note i was able to get as far as entering a reply in this thread).

anyone else seeing that? would def be an improvement if it were a feature, not a bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing it intermittently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not seeing that. What I am seeing is that my identity repeatedly gets changed to Claudio_González. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills, and even less the time, to gather all the information I am now being asked to report the fact. This may be just my senile imagination, but I seem to remember that in the Fair Forums, JC managed quite well without all the details that are now compulsory just to start talking about any problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

seeing something interesting... after a reboot, i'm logged out when restarting ff3.5.5 (winxp sp3) - lounge and this forum are bookmark tabs so go right in... i click the "login/register" link and am automatically logged back in without having to re-enter username/pw. note that last time i logged in on this system i took the advice of someone who posted here about the "remember me" box being broken, so i DIDN'T check that box.

now it DOES seem to rememebr me, and what's more, even when i'm "logged out", a single click seems to log me back in.

cutting and saving this post in case i get the boot when i click post. (but note i was able to get as far as entering a reply in this thread).

anyone else seeing that? would def be an improvement if it were a feature, not a bug!

this is no longer happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just read this:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2411449#2411449

This is gettin interesting. My very naive question is: what did we gain? Not even the 404 error got corrected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

This is gettin interesting. My very naive question is: what did we gain? Not even the 404 error got corrected!

We now stay logged in???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

We now stay logged in???

No!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

We now stay logged in???

No!

And I get my identity changed every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To John and Claudio:

No?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio and others still get logged off, as well as get their identity switched.

For me the biggest thing that has changed is once followed directions and logigged out through adobe com then logged out from forums switched away from browser altogether  (yes that famous al-in-one that everyone makes fun of but comes in handy sometimes), to email. Then went to cookie Manager and dumped all adobe Cookies then wen and signed back in after clicking Remember me I haven't a a log off once.

But the problems I  do have is that while my name and profile hasn't been switched (thankfully); I like to sign in with my Name instead of hiding behind a username. If people are going to fuss at me, laugh at me, or criticize me; I want the world to know whom they are talking to. Anyways, I have to constantly go to profile and reset.

I occasionally run into about every third post I make  I sudden have retur

s added at strange places and ti

mes.

I haven't had the problem with the camera button not working, though.

Oh, and for me I use the email notifications. They still haven't fixed threading. The best way to cure that is place the [ ] portion of the subject,  at the end of the  subject line not at the beginning.

I read email list, that use this same subject formating in some threads and some of the same thread for the same subject don't have them and it screws up threading. It depends on which server  the message was bounced off whether they have the Brackets or not. (Note on this item, this is my opinion on this item its not carved in stone, I  don't given as gospel fact - just what  happens for me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

The identity/log-in issue is still around. While logged-in, all is OK. If I get logged-out, I must close my browser, and open another. Then, I must log-out there, as the second (or third?) persona, gets logged-in automatically. Then, I must close that browser, and open a thrid. In this one, I must go to www.adobe.com, log-in, and then navigate to the fora. Nothing else works. I have to say that I have stayed logged-in for longer periods of time, but then I need to do three browsers, and perform the operations in order, or I am hosed. That "other" persona always gets a "pass," and gets preferential treatment with regards to log-in.

As for the camera icon, as of 8:49PM, AZT, Nov. 22, 2009, it still does not work, under any circumstances in Arizona. The other Attach file, results in a 2-day queue of the data. When a user has an issue, this does not help them, unless they can wait a couple of days.

I'm glad that things are good for some. A few PrPro users in OZ and NZ, have had no issues. One user has been logged-in ever since the maintenance. Others, like me, do get moments of longer log-ins, but then the flaming hoops appear, and we have to spen a lot of time, and a lot of browsers, just to get back.

IMO, Black Monday was a major faux pas for Adobe, and for Jive.

Going back more than a decade, the then new airport at Denver, DIA, had paid about US$50M, IIRC, for a "state-of-the-art," computerized baggage handling system. The low bidder had never done anything like that, but got the job. It never worked. For about 10 years, DIA tried to make it work, and spent many $M to get it to work. Bags were hours late, and the US national media always had a "featurette" story on that system. Finally, DIA gave up on it, and just quit trying to make it work. Now, by the time that a traveler reaches baggage claim, the old manual system has their bags waiting.

This forum is like that baggage-handeling system. It is not working, and the attempts to make it work, only break too many other things.

Sorry to be the "grim reaper" here, but it's not going well.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

To John and Claudio:

No?

No.

Today I have only switched on my Mac, not my Win machine. This morning, I was logged in, but with my imposed identity. I did manage to log out completely, and then logging in normally.  After a long period of inactivity (maybe six hours), but without closing Firefox, I have just found that I had been logged out.

Before the latest improvements, I didn't have my identity changed, and I stayed logged in for 24 hours, so I cannot truthfully say that I am better off now.

Clearer now? Just in case: the answer is still no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Clearer now? Just in case: the answer is still no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still logged in, for days now. And I am still I.

With my never using the Camera Icon, and apart from the occasional line break, which I just delete, I have only seen improvements, including the ability to just start typing the post, or unchanged behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

I am still logged in, for days now. And I am still I.

Ditto... fingers, toes and other apendages crossed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation on switching on today:

• Firefox/Mac: Logged out after less than 12 hours of logging in. I logged in normally, only to the Forums (only lower Welcome).
  • Safari/Vista and Eplorer/Vista (computer 36 hours off, same situation in both): Logged in as Claudio_González, managed to log out, logged back with my normal identity, received both Welcomes (upper and lower).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Situation on switching on today:

• Firefox/Mac: Logged out after less than 12 hours of logging in. I logged in normally, only to the Forums (only lower Welcome).
  • Safari/Vista and Eplorer/Vista (computer 36 hours off, same situation in both): Logged in as Claudio_González, managed to log out, logged back with my normal identity, received both Welcomes (upper and lower).

On the Mac and Firefox: I am going to ask a question. I don't want you to get upset. Have you gone to Cookie Manager and  located all your cookies for forums.adobe and Adobe.com and removed them/deleted them.

I had trouble at first remaining logged in. after the change over.

So I followed the directions of Going to adobe.com and loging out then going to forums while in window, then Logging out. Then I went back to my Home page and  open Cookie Mamager from Preferences. Netxt I located all the adobe.com and forumsadobe (or adobefourms) cookies. I dleted them all. The I shut down FireFox. Then open back up went to site typed in email address (for me - you would use desired Username). And I haven't had to log in since the day after the change over.

If you have done this fine ignore the above. If not try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just come back after a couple of hours

of inactivity, and found that I had been logged out in all three combinations, Although I had done all this before, and in my ignorance I have my doubts that there is any relationship between my random and sudden changes of identity and cookies, I have just given it one more try in Firefox/Mac.

If I can give myself the time, I'll also try it in the other two combinations. In any case, I'll be reporting.

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

Wouldn't it be great, if there as some sort of AI involved in this, and they came where they should be?

My Backspace key is still hot to the touch, for killing these. Just love 'em, as they keep me honest.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log-out issue it seems has been resolved for me.

I stayed logged in all weekend at home, then came to work this morning after the weekend off and am still logged in to the forums.

Not sure if it will last but...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did work for me the other day.

But so far this morning I have already had to log back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines