Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

January 27th Release Notes

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience in waiting for this update - our team spent the month of December and a little bit of early January refactoring much of the Adobe Support Community. While refactoring won't show up too much in tangible features and bug fixes, we needed to spend time making sure the foundation of the Community was more solid than it was. We hear you and recognize we've got much more work to do this year.

With that, here's what we released on Monday, January 27th, PT:

New

• Read Posts/Replies
    • We've introduced a button to jump to the latest activity in a conversation - this will bring you to whichever reply was the most recent. There will be future updates to this feature so please let us know how this feels when you use it.
    • We've also introduced another community page filter option called "No Replies". This should help you all to find original posts that need a reply more quickly. Again, let us know how this feels.

Bugs

The following bugs should be fixed:

• Create/Edit a Post
    • When inserting an image, the "Choose Files" button shows up on the right side of the dialog instead of the center.
    • The HTML option in the text editor is not displaying for certain roles on mobile devices.

• Managing Account
    • The team has been able to reproduce both cases of long load times to Account Settings and the timeout before getting to Account Settings. We're hoping that we fixed as many scenarios that could be causing both cases to occur. However, if anyone still encounters this issue after the release, please let us know. (Special thanks to Ann Bens, Ged Traynor, and Peru Bob.)
    • The German localization for "Compose your content here" in Macros within Account Settings, the Spanish localization for "Set email notification frequency" and "Likes my post" in Notifications within Account Settings and the Support Community Profile description in Personal within Account Settings are incorrect.

• Read Posts/Replies
    • The Correct Answer preview at the top of a conversation page doesn't reflect the same formatting of the original reply. The text is also not selectable. Various spacing and pixel issues exist within the Correct Answer preview.
    • Correct answer preview displayed on top of video preview. Fixed the alignment of Video preview with correct answer.
    • Total number of reply count mismatch when deletion of replies.

• Spacing issues with the profile hover, profile picture, badges, and the respective roles
    • Roles and badges aren't displaying on Correct Answer previews or Top Reply previews.

Thanks for reading and let us know how these improvements feel,

TOPICS
Release Notes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest activity button is a good start, but what if the latest reply is at the end of the thread (or in a nest) and there are one or more nested replies (in other nests) that were posted just before the latest reply and are not yet read?

Those replies posted just before the most recent, and not yet read, can't be found without going through all of the replies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops again. One hour after my last posting.

I changed my mind.

The jump-to-last-reply-button is only good in a sequential thread. Then it leads to the (really) last post. But here I answered now to the first reply. The button leads to this (my) post.

If someone else now answer to another reply or to the main question or to a nested nested answer - this (my own actually) answer here will be lost in the (non-sequential, nested) thread.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't get to my Account Setting page, takes for ever IF it even loads. If it does load nothing but errors.

Screen shot to follow IF it loads.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and Chrome.

Here you go.

2020-01-28 10_37_34-Account settings - Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops?

I'm online offline???

online-offline.png

my settings: show all

-----------------------------------------------------

Jumping to the last answer is really good.

😉

-----------------------------------------------------

But by the way - is it possible that the (main) answer-button always follows the last answer?

(A joke: Otherwise we need a Jump-to-answer-button-button :D)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

errorerrorI get the same error.
My symptoms are worse than before.
Tested on multiple devices and locations on Windows 10 Pro / Chrome and iPhone / Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this in reply to my post of the error page I got in my Settings?

Or to somehing else?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Just Shoot Me

Good evening. And congratulations on returning to ACP.
I replied from the reply button of the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you used the Reply button on the original post.

My question was were you Replying to Me with your post above my Nested reply to it.

Nesting is the worst, Especially without also including a note stating This ia a Reply to XXXXX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On "Jump to Most Recent"

As mentioned by several responses already, nested replies are awful for tracking discussions and make the following new feature somewhat ambiguous:

We've introduced a button to jump to the latest activity in a conversation - this will bring you to whichever reply was the most recent. There will be future updates to this feature so please let us know how this feels when you use it.

I basically never care about what the "most recent reply" is. As a user, I care about what my oldest unread message was so that I can follow the conversation. Jumping to the most recent is a basic function to add but it is rarely helpful. Further, as  pointed out by @Peru Bob, the "most recent post [in absolute time]" could put you in the middle of a thread... which could be confusing - especially if it's in the middle of a thread you've not read any of yet.

On Quote Formatting

Why in heavens name does the editing UI not have formatting for quotes? The best I could do above was use italics to somehow show that I was quoting part of the original post. Please fix the text input formatting interface to support, you know, modern editing tools.

On Nested Threads in General

These are awful for readability and make complex discussions a nightmare to follow. Please take a look at how the Unity Forums work. There is no nesting. Rather, you can select a bit of text in a post you need to respond to and a "Reply" button appears. See:

SelectionReply.png

Clicking that button will jump you to the post editing interface with the selected text in a quote block that gets automatically linkified. You can also do this multiple times while editing if you want to respond to multiple users across multiple posts. It is a far better mechanism than what exists now, as it lets you simply follow the discussion from beginning to end.

For the record, the Unity forums also feature the ability to jump to "most recent". That said, they also have the ability to jump you to "unread" which will put you on the correct reply on the correct page (email notifications of updates work this way).

To be clear, the Unity forums run on the XenForo software.

On Cutoff Final Sentence

Some replies appear to be getting part of their final line of text cut off. Specifically, any font glyph decents are cutoff by HTML styling:

BadBottom.png

A quick peek at the source shows the issue: it appears to style the last paragraph as though it was the user's Forum Signature. See:

WrongSignature.png

Clearly the content of that <div> is not a signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sberic

To be clear, the Unity forums run on the XenForo software.

yeah, that seems like a pretty good forum SW, the features you describe seem very useful

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with the Account Settings page is not solved, and in general the forums are very sluggish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Account settings have NOT been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes forum is very slow to load a page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Account settings

Failed to "?eval" string with this error: ---begin-message--- Syntax error in ?eval-ed string in line 1, column 1000641: Lexical error: encountered ">" (62), after "\"PSD files as titles in Premiere Pro --\\". ---end-message--- The failing expression: ==> getAccountSettings(user.id)?eval [in template "settings-page-tabs" at line 31, column 29] ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign settingsData = getAccountSett... [in template "settings-page-tabs" at line 31, column 5] ----

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forum even slower today especially this one: the community feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines