• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jive 7: Questions, Answers, & Updates

Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been making progress on our list of issues and I have some updates/follow up questions:

Edits not saving: Is this still occurring for users?

I took this thread https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1478133?sr=inbox&ru=38623 to jive and opened a case, but am unable to reproduce this issue (as is the jive agent). I saw in another thread the someone had reported this as resolved, so wanted to take the pulse on if anyone else is still experiencing this issue. If they are, I can get it escalated and have them investigate, but if it appears to be resolved, it would be great to close the case. Let me know!

What is the value of the Assumed Answered feature?

Some of you had some questions about Assumed Asnswered. Here is how jive uses it:

• Use it to mark a question which should perhaps never been marked as a question in the first place (i.e. it is more of a discussion) as "answered" Then, it drops off the "unanswered questions" filter (if you choose to use this filter)
  • Use it if a question gets quite a few responses, lots of engagement.  But there was no clear 'winner' with the correct answer.
  • Use it for an old question that is likely stale.
  • Use it when someone posts 'Question' then later replies to themselves 'never mind, I found the answer'
  • Use it when someone posts 'Question' but never comes back to close out their question by marking an answer.

How to: sort content by answered/not answered

Navigate to a main forum page Adobe Creative Cloud

Select the Content Tab

Select the Discussions Tab

Click the drop down from "All discussions" and select "Open questions" (this will show you questions without an answer)

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 2.28.58 PM copy.jpg

List View is now the default

Now, when you navigate to "Content" Adobe Creative Cloud the list view (which was very much the user favorite) is now the default. Just had to make some changes to the code.

How to: navigate to view where read threads are differentiated from unread threads

Navigate to a main forum page Adobe Creative Cloud

Select the Content Tab

Select the Discussions Tab

Now, when you view a thread and return to the discussion page, the thread will be unbolded. Unread threads will remain bold.

Other Resolved Issues

"Ask a question Widget" not configured on some spaces- Not all widgets were properly transitioned. Manually fixed this on main pages, let us know if you see it on any others.

What happened to our history?- Activity is same feature, just different name.

The @ tagging feature doesn't work with spaces- Use "_" where there are spaces. For example "The Boss" would be found by typing "The_Boss"

Issues In Process (case is open)

"Last modified by" is incorrect- Teams are working on a solution for this. I've suggested a "Latest reply by [username] # hours/minutes/days ago" clickable link in both grid & list view.

Points are inconsistent (showing your points instead of the points for the user you are viewing)- Jive will release fix soon.

The number of posts by user is not displayed- This was a customization that was not carried over.

Posts displaying incorrect date (1969/1970)- Known bug with Jive. Currently still open.

This does not cover all of the issues, just some of the top ones.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Madison

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this.  It appears some of the bugs are being worked out and that is good.

For many of us the real issue is restoring features that make the life of the responder easier such as - open to last comment, breadcrumb at bottom of page, show last poster, show number of responses, adding back "updated" when visited post changed, list time since last response in content tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines