• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jiveware has lost it's mind again...

Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..if it had any before.

Check dates for "last post", also notice this is one of the more busy forums here (I think), so 2 years or 11 months old posts.... what the...@#$%?

JiveBlewUPagain.jpg

So is Jive blowing up for good this time?  When does research for the replacement start? 

At first I thought this was due to a search I had done previously for "spark", but even going to the forum Jiveboard® I still see this.  I'm sure it'll all be 'magically' fixed by the time anyone else sees it, but there's the proof.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2010 Aug 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can thank our recent prolific spammer for that.

The thread was "edited" by the spammer, and the date edited remains even after his post was deleted...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

You can thank our recent prolific spammer for that.

The thread was "edited" by the spammer, and the date edited remains even after his post was deleted...

Harbs

Really! But why now? You mean spammer just "hit" that forum and those threads?

Even so, I think it's a joint effort of loserdom: spammer + Jive.  If Jiveware was working properly, it would still have been able to sort the posts correctly after the deletion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spammer started early, and first targeted older threads. That is why the "zombies" arose. The MOD's in some fora were cleaning up quickly, so the dates were back to the original last post, and the post that bumped things up to the top of our lists was gone, when we all looked.

Later in the day, the spammer began attacking recent threads, but the dates would not seem THAT out of place. Interesting blend of fora attacked too. Premiere, which never sees any real spam (just a few misguided folk with personal Web sites), was hit hard and fast. The zombies were what tipped me off, that something was afoot, but it took a bit, to figure out what was going on. As soon as a MOD mentioned removing a reply, it all made sense.

In the zombies, after the posts were removed, the "Updated" flag disappeared. Near the end of the assault, all threads had those intact, when I visited them. The lack of those flags threw me, until I found out what had transpired, just before I visited those older threads.

Now, I am not defending Jive, but just sharing observations, and the bits of knowledge shared with me by MOD's and a few Adobe folk.

Hope this helps explain what we witnessed.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, I have just checked the mass spammer

's profile, whose last post is of 12 hours ago

and has been deleted. Touching wood and crossing my fingers

; this one was really prolific and insistent.

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got info in another thread elsewhere, that the Adobe Admin. responsible for the policing was sick, when the spammer hit - good timing for the spammer - bad timing for us. That is how they were able to keep it up for so long. We were reporting it, as soon as it happened, and the MOD's were deleting as fast as they could, but the person with the power to pull the Profile was unavailable at that time. MOD's cannot pull Profiles and do a complete shut down. All they could do was pull posts. Hope that all were pulled.

Glad that the Profile has been shut down.

Hunt

PS - I always feel bad (but maybe in a good way), that I never get to report spammers. Someone else always nails 'em first. This time, I did get to "play along."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the_wine_snob wrote:

Someone else always nails 'em first. This time, I did get to "play along."

'Click' take that, 'click' and that, 'click, click'  ha ha, die spammer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines