Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jochem

Sep 12, 2009 Sep 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you deleted my post.  Fair enough.  I just wanted to be sure to let you know, my reference was in no way related to your heritage, it was only a reference to the prevention of free speech and thinking.

If you were offended by the choice of reference, due to (my presumption of) your heritage, I humbly apologize.

hopper

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go_back_to_sleep_small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted. I rarely take such posts personal, it was just inappropriate either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do know (not trying be a smarty Pants); that even if you lock or remove post, that the message get through any way. It can be read in all its glory in the email announcements. So the only people that can't read the post are just those that read from the web browser. There is a much bigger audience, that can read all the post. If they get their email announcements through an email client, or an all in one such as SeaMonkey or Opera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote on 9/12/2009 9:27 PM:

It can be read in all its glory in the email announcements. So the only people that can't read the post are just those that read from the web browser. There is a much bigger audience, that can read all the post.

12 people is a much larger audience? (Yes, I can see how many people are

subscribed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

12 people is a much larger audience? (Yes, I can see how many people are

subscribed.)

Arrogance will get you everywhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12 people is a much larger audience?

Really? I'm one of 12 on the whole planet?

Wow! I knew I was nuts for subscribing to the Forum Comments, but I

didn't realize HOW NUTS!

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now you know....

I don't subscribe like I did in the past. Too many frecken e-mails to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Too many folks frothin' around the mouth...

I'm just glad I'm not in Jochem's shoes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. But some people are very opinionated and rightly so. As long as both sides keep things respectful and fact based I see no problem. Sometimes the entertainment value alone is priceless.

Rest of post deleted by me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you get to see everyone post that was deleted. So you could actually see what he has actually deleted.

As for amount of notices.  I subscribe to see notices and there is rarely more than 100 post a day. You can read post and, if you want to post the click link and post. You don't have to read all the post on the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not much of a who deleted what post follower. Sometimes I come to read and see something missing later on so I know what was deleted. I don't have much time to dwell on deleted posts anyways. I just read what others posted about how they are not happy and I agree but not respond as it will add zero value.

PjonesCET wrote:

But you get to see everyone post that was deleted. So you could actually see what he has actually deleted.

As for amount of notices.  I subscribe to see notices and there is rarely more than 100 post a day. You can read post and, if you want to post the click link and post. You don't have to read all the post on the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Noted. I rarely take such posts personal, it was just inappropriate either way.

You're the best! I've never, ever come across as fair minded and non-personal a moderator of forums as you. Please do keep up the good work by deleting and/or locking all posts and threads as you see fit.

Seriously, i commend you on your good work. I just do hope however, that your arbitrary deleting and locking of threads leaves Adobe open to litigation? To abuse of constitutional rights? If some individual is keeping track of threads locked and posts deleted, Adobe could be held accountable. You, of course are safe as a primary respondent, but not as a secondary respondent. Adobe's injunctions, forum regulations, etc., notwithstanding, unless a post is racial or gender discriminatory, personally abusive, etc., it's deletion and a thread's locking is open to litigation on the grounds of restriction of fre speech.

Obviously, as i am not a lawyer, my exact wording may not be accurate. But, i have shown some of the actions of the moderators in this forum to a constitutional lawyer, and she's just licking her chops!

Please see my other post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you know it is easier to take a less dictatorial tone than this:

Commenting on moderation in threads about other subjects wasn't allowed, isn't allowed and won't be allowed.

And still be an effective moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines