• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Joke of the day

Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reloading one of the forum pages, I suddenly had the following message on the screen. A moment later I could get to the forum. I like the note.

Jive

Temporarily Unavailable

We're sorry. This site is not available at this time.

(Mar 16)

Note:

Please wait a few moments, and try doing whatever it was that you were doing again.

If that doesn't work, please contact this site's administrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us approximately what time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also received the notice, although I didn't read it and didn't record the time, but I would say it wasn't more than a couple of hours ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you recall what you were doing when you got that error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I was trying to access the Forum in Spanish using my bookmark, but I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about Claudio's actions, or timings, but at about 10:30AM, PDT (-8GMT) today, Wednesday, March 16, 2011, I got similar probably 10 times.

In my cases, I was reading the Premiere fora, and having to log-in between each thread read. I'd then need to log-in to get to Reply, and then again, when I went to Post Reply. About 20% of the time, and especially when trying to log back in, I got that message. Often, if I did get logged-in, I would be taken to the main Adobe Forum page, and then have to navigate back to the product forum of choice, PrElements, PrPro CS5, PrPro CS4 & Earlier, or the Video Lounge.

After severe frustrations, I just did other things. As of 4:00PM PDT (same day), things seem to be OK, but earlier, the forum was about as bad as it has been, including several "Black Fridays" before.

Do not know if any of that helps, but at least is should give you a time frame in San Jose, CA.

Good luck to us all, and thank you for looking into things - they have gotten downright painful.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

It only happened once, no more than a few minutes before I posted, so about Mar 16, 2011 4:15 PM, and that must be PSD now rather than PST, I believe.

I was reloading the Illustrator Forum page through the Reload current page button in FF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The joke of this day seems to be that new threads/threads with new contents are no longer shown in bold, and the latter without the addition (Updated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, if this is an Adobe/Jive joke, it doesn't make me laugh. Quite the opposite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

The joke of this day seems to be that new threads/threads with new contents are no longer shown in bold, and the latter without the addition (Updated).

I have been seeing that since yesterday.  Right now, all the text looks like it does if I am not logged in.

On one occasion I opened the Lightroom forum and the highlighted topics (some with "updated" below the subject) looked as expected.  However, as soon as the page finished updating the usual highlighting of the subject disappeared.

Actually, the forum appearance is the same as I would see if I were not logged in.  The page header indicated that I am logged in but I can't find a way to log out.

Ah nuts!  I now see that I have to go to the forum index page in order to log out.  Would someone please tell me why I should have to do that?

Message was edited by: Bob_Peters

...and now the Lightroom forum looks like I expected.  What the heck is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me starting last night. Looged off twice before it cleared up.

(I posted a new thread on it not knowing that you all had already mentioned it in this thread.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The joke of this day seems to be that when I edit a post and press the Update button, the original post reappears without the change; I have just tried it a few times, trying in vain to change is to would be. It worked earlier today.

Edit: And it works here (again), at the second attempt. It seems to be intermittent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the problem I reported here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/838494?tstart=0

I think you just have to be a slowpoke to get an edit through.

Edit:  Now THAT's interesting...  I saw that this thread had popped to the top, and was indicated as "unread" by the Read Tracking feature.  I didn't notice that your post was old, Jacob.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

As you can see, I linked to this thread in the first post there.

I believe some removed post has dragged it up. I have seen a thread here and there topping the list, with a last post some months or even a year or two back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

Methinks that you are just too quick with your edits. Relax, exhale, and THEN edit the Reply.

See the Replies in Noel's linked thread. I could not understand why this was happening to others, then I got quick, and it happened to me too.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

Sometimes there is no time to waste, if a crucial correction is needed in a fast thread, before someone answers the post and kills the editability; sometimes in my fastest native forum, answers go back and forth within the same minute. And if that happens, the work may be just as lost as when the edit is too quick, and more work may be needed to explain.

But as you can see from my first post in the other thread, I always try to have a copy of the post/changes, for either case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

I understand. Once one has Replie, then that post cannot be edited by the mortal users - only by the MOD's.

Still, it seems to be time sensitive. Not sure which takes longer - failing to post the edits, or waiting a moment. When I am trying to beat a Reply, I have taken to Selecting, then Ctrl+C that edit - just in case.

I had two Edit situations today, and one was a very active thread. I expected to have my Edits not take, but today they did. Maybe dependent on server traffic at that moment?

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the time needed to wait to get an edit accepted be one and the same as the time after one starts to edit and the time Jive automatically inserts a newline character?

Or this might just be some kind of double posting protection at work.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be related, but since I went to Chrome, from IE7, I have not had one phantom Line Break, but have finally encountered the problem with an edit not taking.

As far as double-posting prevention, I do not think so, as I have Posted, then accidentally hit Back and double-posted in pretty short order. [This has happened with phone calls, and my personal inability to multitask... ]

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2011 Apr 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today some of us have the message An unexpected error has occurred when submitting posts. Going to the thread shows that things get posted, but some end up with double posts because of retrying, I believe.

It has happened in this thread (at least from post #27 on): http://forums.adobe.com/thread/841585?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2011 Apr 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have gotten a few of those too - one, just today. They more often show up, when the fourms are on the fritz, and phantom log-outs are everywhere, but they do not seem to be log-in dependent. In today's case, I just did a Ctrl+C for the reply, and hit Cancel, only to see that the Reply HAD posted????? Glad that I did not hit Post Reply a second, or third time.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2011 Apr 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And today this haunted thread is haunted by two strangenesses:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/841585?tstart=0

If you click Last Post, nothing happens.

The last post is by someone reposting, but according to the forum list it is by someone else, who has not posted in that thread at all; the number of posts is correct (currently 37):

http://forums.adobe.com/community/illustrator/illustrator_general

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2011 Apr 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

There IS weirdness today. On the main forum page, see the announcement.

I am seeing the "(Updated)" lable, with some odd Reply counts, and also missing Replies from the listed Last Poster.

I assume that these are all related, but that is just a guess.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines