Joke...

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just love the way we're all diddling around in here hoping against hope that things will improve. Posting messages, complaining, hoping... It's quite clear. Adobe doesn't give a rat's rear end. Any marginal improvements are purely a result of usage and becoming used to the present depressing, dismal and defunct scenario. No major changes have happened or are likely to happen. The forums are vitiated. The newbies and casual visitors don't care or know the difference.

In other words the joke is really on us... the old timers... the ones who have a yardstick, albeit fastly evaporating, of what once was...

Well,

Cheers...

JJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Joke...

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just love the way we're all diddling around in here hoping against hope that things will improve. Posting messages, complaining, hoping... It's quite clear. Adobe doesn't give a rat's rear end. Any marginal improvements are purely a result of usage and becoming used to the present depressing, dismal and defunct scenario. No major changes have happened or are likely to happen. The forums are vitiated. The newbies and casual visitors don't care or know the difference.

In other words the joke is really on us... the old timers... the ones who have a yardstick, albeit fastly evaporating, of what once was...

Well,

Cheers...

JJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2009 0
Guru ,
Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I wrote before: The lower standard has now become the norm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all general purposes I've really cut back on helping. I see lots of bad help and newbie question mostly from shear laziness of not reading the manuals. I'm going to let the blind lead the blind for a while. Soon it will get out that the Adobe forum is a Joke now and that the caliber of help that you could get is no longer available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Buko and David said, the standard of questions and answers – at least in the Photoshop group of forums – is appalling.

Adobe has really become a joke.

And those forums seem to be dying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2009 0
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that more of the old timers haven't left, or that they (read: those of you still hanging round complaining, and trying to help fix things here??) still post as much as you do.

I'm no fairweather friend...I stuck with this place through previous rough patches, and was glad and proud for having done so.

But it's become clear to me that there has been a MAJOR shift in the trickle down attitude at Adobe...from products, to service and right down to these forums, and the faithful have been shat upon. We, who provided feedback from the trenches, who read every post in every forum we frequented, we who have helped countless numbers of our peers, we were the people that built up such a tremendous amount of goodwill.

It's ALL gone.

I have to wonder what it is that keeps you (Buko, Kath, Jay Jhabrix, Joslin, Milbut, to name just a very few) coming back, and why you continue to beat your heads against the wall? Big among the complaints is the lack of feedback, and progress. Adobe no longer gives a fraction of a crap about any of us. All they care about are numbers. Why give them any help? THEY DON'T CARE HOW WE FEEL!

I'll still pop in, and make a rare post, but Adobe—and I mean everyone responsible for this mess—is going to have to show me a MAJOR shift back to the core ideals for me to become a regular participant again.

Me and my yardstick, we have better things to measure these days.

[edited for content]

Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we both get deleted but 'shat upon' survives Enough time this side of the looking glass for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me, Jochem, do you know the term 'Pyrrhic victory' ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2009 0
Engaged ,
Aug 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos±four dots wrote:

Me and my yardstick, we have better things to measure these days.

[edited for content]

Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten

Like?

And i just wish these moderators would stop editing content for the sake of editing content... This isn't '1984'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2009 0
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow.

I've not read anything in this thread that was deserving of moderation of any kind.

amazing.  Is this what this forum board has been reduced to?

edit:  I was not aware of Phos' multiple posts to irritate Jochem.  Those I can see getting deleted, others...???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!  I have been in Europe for about 3 weeks with a horrible internet connection.  Consequently, I didn't even try to connect.

So, I hoped that upon my return home SOMETHING would have been improved/fixed/upgraded.  Alas, nothing that I see has changed.  I have also yet to see a single request from the beta period get implemented.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2009 0