• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jumpy forum text

Advisor ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Announcement ' banner at top of forum changes every 5 seconds ( cycles through 1 and 2 ), causing text in the forum to shift up and down every 5 seconds. I'm using Edge browser.

Please fix it so it stops jumping. 

suggestions:

a) stop it from auto cycle so a user can just click the arrows manually to cycle through ?

b) just put one announcement up there and if necessary put a different announcment in a separate post.

Do something please because I cannot use the forum with the text jumping every 5 seconds.

🙂

pic one and two as sample of jumping.... compare spaces with fingers or something and you'll see it does jump quite a bit for 'reading a forum'.  

PIC 1.jpg

PIC 2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Hey guys, sorry for missing this post. I’ve merged the newer ones onto this one. 
I had a chat with our engineers about this. The culprit of this issue is the 60 character limit for announcements, whereas the limit for subjects, in general, is longer than that.
I’ve spent some time checking ALL the boards within the community and editing the subject lines when necessary so they’d be within the limit. Confirmed the text wasn’t jumping up and down anymore after these edits.

If you spot any other boa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> What's more important: the readability and comfort of the forum participants or Adobe's need to push marketing messages?

I think we all know the answer to that one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the premiere pro forum still has 2 announcements as of this morning, but they don't make the text jump anymore. THANK YOU !!!!

using edge browser at 150%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines