• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard recognition issues in Jive Forum (Adobe.com)

Mentor ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever I'm typing into a new message for a post sometimes the keyboard skips and jumps to the next line or skips the recognition of some letters altogether.  I think there's a problem with the way that Jive's Forum is handling user input.  Can this be fixed?  I noticed it in some other people's post by the way the characters and lines are spaced also.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been like that for a while now. I am used to the pain now. Who knows, if ever, when they (whoever they is) will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I and some others were having hardware issues and needed new keyboards.  I am also facing difficulty with my email provider where sometimes in Internet Explorer 8 it skips letters.  I tried optimizing the browser but that didn't help (only a little) by deleting the cache of visited pages and browsing history.  I'm typing fine now into this forum on my MacBook Pro but on Windows Vista is where I'm finding the trouble I described.  Wonder if that has anything to do with it.  Thanks dec9 for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Na, tis not your hardware. It tis the Jiv

e software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it happens with Firefox on

WinXP and is totally random and bloody anno

ying.

How come this can't be fixed?

It appeared without effort; surely it can be re

moved without effort?

I

t is a big time waster for somebody who is trying to help in here!

(Left as typed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John your response is also helpful but Jive won't let me mark it as such!!  Another drawback.  Argghhh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd rather have a text entry field that worked than a p

retty star thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me constantly in IE, but have to admit that it has not happened, since I moved to Google Chrome.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can blame piss poor JavaScript "programming" (lol) for this forum's problems and most likely for your email problems too.  Aren't browser dependencies fun?  (Can't wait until everyone starts drinking the HTML5 kool aid on a large scale.)

Google Chrome is the only browser compatible with this jiveware, it seems.  Funny stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see why one should need

to move to another browser t

o compensate for a poor forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't. it should work with an Browser capable of HTML/Javascript

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

They should not. But, until things change, that might be a workable solution.

Until then,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

I don't see why one should need

to move to another browser t

o compensate for a poor forum software.

Me either!  (I basically did switch browsers specifically to compensate for this poor forum software. )

But I understand that not everyone is willing to install 3+ browsers like PJ and myself (ducks and runs for cover) .

I can't believe they've yet to fix the line break problem(s).  (Wow!)  It probably happens in Opera (still) too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 5 browsers and one of them I have 3 versions of on my system.  But I prefer IE because of its "Send Shortcut to Desktop" menu item.  What I now can't figure out is why this is my default browser but all of my Adobe Help topics come up in Firefox?  Firefox is not my default browser, IE is.  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will mark this forum as answered once someone from Adobe chimes in with a response as to why the forums behave so strangely and why my default browser is not activated when I use Adobe Help from any Creative Suite application menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to duck and run. If you count Seamonkey I have 7 and the adobe forum at the same on all 7.

SeaMonkey, Camino, FireFox, Safari, iCab, Opera, and OmniWeb. They are a mixuture of Gecko, and webkit. As I use OX.4.11 on a PowerPC Machine, They don't make a Chrome version for it (intel Only). IF I had an intel machine I would have Chrome as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, please do not get me wrong. I am NOT defending the software in any way. I have fought most of the same battles, as everyone here.

I was just sharing a personal observation, that might, or might not, help the OP.

Nothing more - nothing less,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines