Exit

Last Modified by ....

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this never changing?

2014-05-11_0156.png

I have posted a reply and it is nearly 30 minutes but it never changes!!!  Is it working or one should ignore it and not rely on it.  I thought I can rely on it to see if there is any need for further clarification but the feature is completely useless.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, that is broken... the original person is the only one that shows on that page

The problem has been reported, no solution in sight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to see the name of the last contributor - as in the old forums.

This is terrible.. Talk about a backwards step.  I seldom visit any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to see the name of the last contributor - as in the old forums.

I concur, but I would like the creator of the thread to be listed, too – like in the old Fora.

And it does seem like there is place enough to list both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon-M-Spear wrote:

…This is terrible.. Talk about a backwards step…

Agreed.  This attitude of Adobe of not caring about customer feedback was one of several substantial factors that absolutely precluded me from considering the subscription model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This attitude of Adobe of not caring about customer feedback was one of several substantial factors that absolutely precluded me from considering the subscription model.

You are active in the Photoshop Forum, if I’m not mistaken, and when you compare the participation of Adobe employees there with what’s going on in the Illustrator Fora »not caring« may seem even more significant …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CP, I visit the Adobe Illustrator, Indesign and Acrobat forums occasionally.  Not as much as when Illustrator and InDesign were my bread and butter until mid 2005, though. From 2003 Photoshop on Photoshop has been my main focus.

Your last sentence is a bit zweideutig.  Are you saying there's more or less Adobe staff partcipation in the Photoshop forum than in the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your last sentence is a bit zweideutig.  Are you saying there's more or less Adobe staff partcipation in the Photoshop forum than in the others.

Sorry, I meant that in the Photoshop Fora there is Adobe staffer participation.

I’m not very active on the Illustrator Fora so I may be mistaken, but to me it seems there is hardly any Adobe employee participation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying.  My old, damaged brain is not as shar as it used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I wrote "This attitude of Adobe of not caring about customer feedback", I had two things in mind: the utter disregard for software features requests in Photoshop and the similar or worse situation in these pathetic forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the utter disregard for software features requests in Photoshop

On that I disagree somewhat, as far as I can tell several feature requests* have ultimately been implemented. But of course the decision which ones will be neglected and into which ones resources will get invested can seem mysterious (or infuriating) to us outsiders.

But when one considers attempts at explaining why a longtime request like Photoshop-for-Linux has not been put into practice and some Linux proponents’ reactions (along the lines of »your numbers are wrong, your data is irrelevant, Adobe is in a conspiracy with MicroSoft and Macintosh …«) that hardly seems encouraging for sharing insight into the decision making process.

Edit:

*) For example: Rotate View Tool, gradual improvement of Smart Object functionality like Smart Filters and recently Linked Smart Objects, Liquify as Smart Filter, …

With something like the Blur Gallery getting Smart Filter-capability on the other hand I personally think that releasing the feature without this in the first place was a very peculiar choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the features requested by yours truly and by heavy hitters like Buko, Ann Shelbourne, etc. were consistently ignored, despite our making those requests over and over again, before and after a new release.

That's what I was referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Buko, Ann, Ramon … long time!

Did you read about Paul Riggott and xbytor quitting the Photoshop Scripting Forum in frustration with Adobe?

Those two were also very heavy hitters in the field that Forum is focused on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not surprised at all about the exodus from the Photoshop Scripting forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have opened a case for this issue. It seems like it may be an issue of semantics… 'Last modified by' when relating to a discussion refers to when the original discussion was modified (e.g. if the person who started it went back and edited it later), not the last person to reply to the thread. I hope this helps for now, we're working on getting it improved.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines