• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limits on postings by email?

Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried my first email post, and less than half of it appeared at the other end. Are there limits to the length of posts by email? The post included a whole line of dashes - does this have some special significance, since nothing below it appeared? Or are there characters we're not allowed to use? I noticed that {curly brackets} just didn't show. And I didn't get notified of my own post, so the thread is headless at my end. Is this the way it's supposed to be? I would never have noticed that the reason I wasn't getting the responses I expected was that most of my posting was missing if I hadn't visited the forum on the web just to check.

Is there anyone monitoring this forum from Adobe or the forum engineers who can answer queries like this? Or should they be going elsewhere?

Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

I just tried my first email post, and less than half of it appeared at the other end. Are there limits to the length of posts by email? The post included a whole line of dashes - does this have some special significance, since nothing below it appeared? Or are there characters we're not allowed to use? I noticed that {curly brackets} just didn't show. And I didn't get notified of my own post, so the thread is headless at my end. Is this the way it's supposed to be? I would never have noticed that the reason I wasn't getting the responses I expected was that most of my posting was missing if I hadn't visited the forum on the web just to check.

Is there anyone monitoring this forum from Adobe or the forum engineers who can answer queries like this? Or should they be going elsewhere?

Noel

This is a good place to ask, but they'll likely want to know what thread you had gotten in email as well as what email software or service you use.

You do not get copies of your own posts since the silly software thinks you already know about it. (It doesn't understand that some people what them for archive reasons!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that the Adobe folks who can fix things are going to be running around like crazy. (Although this conversion has gone much better than the prior one had.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

I just tried my first email post, and less than half of it appeared at the other end. Are there limits to the length of posts by email?

This is just a known bug. Which unfortunately Adobe doesn't publish or warn against.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for telling me, Jochem. How can a bug have been established in 48 hours of operation? And what does the bug involve - that posts over a certain length are truncated, or that posts containing certain chracters will be mangled - or what?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was discovered during the test last Thursday (and in a far shorter time then 48 hours). Adobe has not disclosed what triggers the bug and they did not respond to my suggestion that if they just provided the source code I would figure it out myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines