Little things annoy me

Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

b Points

I don't like is this concept of "points". I really don't like the competitive energy of those points. I've been to non-business forums where people award each other "karma." It's stupid and can be petty when someone has more karma than others.

I have no idea who gives points to others, but I don't like them.

I wouldn't mind a record of when joined or how many posts, but I think that belongs in a profile, not next to the responses.

b Answering posts

Who marks a message as answered? As mentioned before, the OP could state the post is answered, but others could find a problem.

Will there be a way for the Forum Moderator to amend an answered post as "With Note"?

b Sorting the messages

Will there be a way to sort according to the OP? If not, it seems a waste of a column.

I'm sure I will have other issues that I'll add later.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Little things annoy me

Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

b Points

I don't like is this concept of "points". I really don't like the competitive energy of those points. I've been to non-business forums where people award each other "karma." It's stupid and can be petty when someone has more karma than others.

I have no idea who gives points to others, but I don't like them.

I wouldn't mind a record of when joined or how many posts, but I think that belongs in a profile, not next to the responses.

b Answering posts

Who marks a message as answered? As mentioned before, the OP could state the post is answered, but others could find a problem.

Will there be a way for the Forum Moderator to amend an answered post as "With Note"?

b Sorting the messages

Will there be a way to sort according to the OP? If not, it seems a waste of a column.

I'm sure I will have other issues that I'll add later.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2009 0
110 Replies 110
Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also agree with Sandee on all points.

Unfortunately, the people responsible for creating this horror are proving to be totally incapable of incorporating any of the features for which we have all begged; while they have pig-headedly over-loaded the site with every single time- and space-wasting gizmo that we had implored them to exclude.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh God, I see how people get points. Someone awards them points for
b helpful
answers or
b complete
answers!

Oh PLEASE do not go down this road!

We all know who is helpful and who is not.

We all know what answers work and which do not.

Please, the only
i points
for Adobe forums should be for the anchors of vector objects!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the Preview is only a preview, but I don't see anywhere to click to respond to a post.

I hope that button will be close to the post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is totally idiotic about Points is that he who asks the question, and more than likely knows nothing about the subject, is the one who gets to mark a response as being "Correct"!

And it doesn't matter how misguided and wrong that answer may be, Forum Operations has no way to remove that misleading flag.

This is childish stupidity running rampant.

------

Provided that you are logged-in, there is a Reply button in the hugely wasteful empty space under every message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2009 0