• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[locked] Another reason the points system is all JIVED UP!!!

Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only do the nubes asking the questions not really know if an answer is correct or not. But many people don't bother to list the question as answered or if they do they just mark the question as answered without handing out points. This point system is not well thought out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to assume the logic behind that is that, on paper, it doesn't unfairly favor anyone.  Anyone could get overlooked for points or assigned points. But in reality, you end up with the "give me points if you like my answer" crowd, which tips the scales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want points! Answer or no answer. It's your duty to give me points...  You may ask, "Why?"

I reply, 'Why not?"

That is the correct answer to the above question and deserves the full 999/10 points! So don't argue. If you do, i shall report you to the 'LOCKER OF THREADS'. And then, this thread will also be 'L O C K E D'.

Would you want that on your head? A locked thread? A fate worse than death? I am sure your answer is in the negative... right? So a very simple solution... Give me points... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This stopped being even faintly amusing a long time ago and is simply a right royal pain in the arse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have taken a wrong turn and ended up in the forum comments lounge...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesseham wrote:

I seem to have taken a wrong turn and ended up in the forum comments lounge...

Unfortunately, that is what some people have converted this forum into. I am finding it more and more difficult to have any serious discussion on anything without someone butting in to show how witty s/he thinks s/he is. And when the first butts in, the rest follow like flies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hen the first butts in, the rest follow like flies...

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do your posts keep breaking on the ones we don't need repeated?  First the one about you scratching yourself in the sun and now a butt joke?  They're not really breaking, are they Steve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesseham wrote:

Why do your posts keep breaking on the ones we don't need repeated?  First the one about you scratching yourself in the sun and now a butt joke?  They're not really breaking, are they Steve?

It's not all his fault: he is suffering the effects of a bug. I mean: the repetitions are due to a software bug, the witticisms are his own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who don't like the subject, no need to click the thread. Doesn't take 20 seconds to wait for the page to reload, the title is right there so you know not to read it.

Stop complaining about complaint threads, the forum nanny UN sanctions are really getting old. (hahahaha)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey SDA your Jiving Up this thread so Jive Off!!

I couldn't find the other threads so I started this one, I was trying to give more real feedback as to why the point system does not work. Now its going to get closed because SDA posted here. Personally its a plot to keep us down. Its not a bug its a way to close threads the nannies don't like.

My point was who can a point system encourage forum use if the point allocation system is not used by everyone who gets answered question. Are we going to force people to award points? This is the stupidity of the point system. I'm being serious for all the brain deads out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko...

That's the whole point isn't it? The points system has no bearing on reality. Points i gained in Dreamweaver have no validity in say After Effects... yet the poor poster in AE will think i'm an AE expert too. And then, as you point out, the whole awarding of points is all belly up. It's really a joke!

Which is why i don't understand why guys freak when we joke about it... the moment you see 'points' in the topic, don't, as Ansury said, read the thread! There's nothing serious that can be said about this and the 'correct answer' crap except remove them both. Except, of course, for those who love to see the points under their name, the little red blobs increasing and the smug feel of seeing that mdeallion thingy next to their name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2009 Jun 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

locking thread due to the repeating post bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines