• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[locked] Opinion on Adobe Customer Support...

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a photographer and use CS4 and Lightroom daily.  In the years of using these products I have literally called with a question about the product only once or twice.  It was much to my dismay and disappointment to find out that because my version of Photoshop is not current, I now have to pay for customer support if I want to talk to a person.  I am very disappointed with this and feel that this is a huge slap in the face to loyal customers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum, and not a way to address Adobe. And this particular forum is just for discussions on the forums themselves.

I am afraid that, except for sympathizing with you, there is nothing else that us fellow users can do to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is the wrong place to complain Professor, one, these are user to user forums, and two, this particular forum is for questions about the forums themselves, not products or Adobe's CS.

But all is not lost, just post the question you rang Adobe about in the first place on the right forum, and you'll be away.  I'm guessing you meant Phtoshop CS4, which is here for Macs and here for Windows, the Lightroom forum which is not platform specific is here.  State your OS and version (like CS4 on Windows 7 for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advice from Stix. Judging from feedback, you will get better help in the appropriate product forum than from Adobe's own outsourced support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree completely. There are very few issues that cannot be resolved, and very few questions that cannot be answered in the correct fora. Usually, licensing issues, some installation issues and intensive looks into the actual code of the programs, are about all that cannot be addressed successfully in the product fora. It seems that T/S has a rather limited script to address issues ("uninstall, then reinstall" appears to be the main suggestion). One is almost always better served to post to the product fora, and provide full details.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, did you know that "forums" is the generally accepted plural nowadays?

"Fora" went out about the time of Julius Caesar I think! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Bill, did you know that "forums" is the generally accepted plural nowadays?

"Fora" went out about the time of Julius Caesar I think! 

I think he knows but doesn't care. I seem to remember that him and I have discussed this more than once in previous threads, but don't trust too much my aging memory...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds to much like flora and fauna. Bet most people think he is talking about Flowers and Plants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah Phillip, who says that I am not? I challenge that bloke - at the "dueling oak" with pistol of choice, and at dawn...

Just think Bambi and little dancing leaves and mushrooms.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the cheek, but I would like to repeat the opinion of this non native English speaker. There are two alternatives:

1. Use "forum" as a borrowed Latin word, in which case "fora" is the correct plural.

2. Take "forum" as a word already incorporated into the English language, in which case the correct plural is "forums".

Just an additional note:

In English, it is common to talk about "the media". I wonder how many native English speakers would use the expression "this medium" to refer to a specific newspaper, TV channel, or the like.

And I'd better finish here before being censored for going off topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

And again by my ancient sources, the "medium"is the singular, and "media" is the plural.

Actually, regarding a previous discussion on "fora" vs "forums," I think that you might be confusing me with someone else. John is the first person to challenge me on the plural of forum, unless I missed some others.

Hunt

PS - my memory is probably more in decay, than yours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I guess that I just come from a different time and place. My Strunk & White and my API Style Guide list "fora" as the preferred form. Guss that you kiddies have moved the goalposts and this old guy just has not caught up.

What is your choice for the plural of "cactus?"

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2010 Aug 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums vs Fora

I have researched this at length (linguistics is my hobby).

There is no rule but you have to ask yoursel "How many people understand the word fora?"

Not many – and we are in the business of communicating ideas.

I like this quote:

It is a spurious argument to claim that a loan word should follow the rules of the language it comes from. How many people know the Inuit pluralisation rules for 'anorak', or the Nahautl rules for 'avocado'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For linguistics and all other hoppy subjects please post in to the Lounge: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/lounge

For comments on Adobe Customer Support please post in the Adobe.com feedback forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, this time I sa

w this coming, and even announced it

Bill, I seem to gather that "the media" is used nowadays both for the plural and the singular. That is why I wondered how many use the singurar medium.

Sorry, I couldn't resist answering...

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines