• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[locked] Will there be a grace period for CS5?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I don't like this question about the new Creative Suite and when it will finally be released. But I've a question about the grace periods Abobe offered the last times after their release announcements. Will there be one for CS5 too?

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was talking about the Grace Period today with the German Support because i'm in a real mess:

I Ordered CS4 yesterday with a platform change, so i had to sign a "Letter of Destruct" which invalidates all my previous upgrade path on Windows.

Now today my package arrived and i have it here not daring to opening it as today Adobe "pre-announced" that the announcement will come on the 12th April for CS5.

would I qualify for an Grace Period or not?

The German Support could not tell me and i'm in a mess as I have to destroy my windows license as I already signed the LoD.

so if i now sent CS4 back to order CS5 in April i'm standing there left with no valid upgradable license but if I open up the parcel now I fear that i have to shell out another 300€ in 18 Days ... really annoying situation.

Anyone knows of help here?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think if you bought a shrink wrap package as long as you haven't broken the Shrinkwrap you could return it for version 5. If you broke Shrink Wrap your stuck. Though you might qualify for a Free upgrade. Most (I said most) companies will allow a free upgrade if you have purchase old version within a month before release of new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which CS4 (there are many Adobe products with the CS4 designation) you bought, but Adobe PrPro CS5 will be introduced on April 12th at NAB. That would mean that CS5 of some products will be introduced then. That would be within the 30-day grace period.

Also, if one buys an Adobe product, they have 30 days to try the software, and then return it for 100% refund, if not satisfied.

How does that fit into what you have done?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CS4 i meant Photoshop CS4, sorry to be so unprecise.

I ordered mine on monday, got it delivered on wednesday; the day adobe pre-announced the new creative suite. so the old term "if you buy a compuder, run home with it or it will be outdated" applies here.

problem with a possible return was that i before only had the photoshops from 6.0 until cs2 and on windows ... after that i used my budget to switch to mac and i was using photoshop elements. but now wanted to get back a proper photoshop. for that i had to sign a "letter of destruction" with adobe and destroy the windows licenses. the package i got delivered contained a photoshop CS4 retail, full, mac version for the price of an upgrade. so if i'd had returned the package i would have been left with no valid license to upgrade once CS5 would be out.

so i opened up the package and am using photoshop CS4 on my mac now happy until i realise that i do not qualify for a free upgrade

we'll see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now happy until i realise that i do not qualify for a free upgrade

Well, maybe, or maybe not. Right now, that April 12th unveiling date seems to be holding. The question might be when Adobe will accept pre-release orders. Some pretty good sources are mentioning delivery 4 wks. after the unveiling. Unfortunately, I do not know how accurate that might be. Around April 12th, I would definitely contact Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support), and also not do a "live-chat" thing either. You will want definitive response to your question.

Here's wishing you good luck, and a free upgrade to PS CS5!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this question truly been answered?  By Adobe?  I just purchased CD4 and it would really be upsetting if there wasn't.  I TOTALLY would have waited.

Respectfully, but frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Adobe will be answering this for us very, very soon.

CS5 was introduced at NAB on April 12. The pre-sale has started. Shipping is scheduled for Mid-May. I would imagine that Adobe either has, or very soon will, give full details of the upgrade possibilities and any "grace period."

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mkoyak1 wrote on 4/13/2010 4:29 PM:

Has this question truly been answered? By Adobe?

This question has not been answered by Adobe and will not be answered by

Adobe here. These are user to user forums and there is no official

participation from Adobe here.

The official document stating the options is available at

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/153/tn_15304.html

How that policy may work out for you depends on your case. The easiest

way is to make sure you have all your purchase details available and

click to chat with support (the option to chat with support is available

at the top right of that page). Just ask the question, provide your

details and they will figure it out.

For more discussion on this topic see the thread at the adobe.com

feedback forum http://forums.adobe.com/thread/615759, I am closing this

thread here in order not to let the discussion get to fragmented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines