• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logged out in a few hours

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As described in another thread, after the recent changes my identity was changed without my intervention and without any re login to Claudio_González, a change that had several other side effects. I saw this in all three browsers that I have easily available: Safari/Vista, Explorer/Vista and Firefox/Mac. The problem disappeared by itself in the two latter browsers, and it was difficult to solve in the first, where I finally managed to login correctly at around 12:30 today (all times local, GTM-4). However, when I used my bookmark at about 16:10 to get into this forum using Safari, I found that I had been logged out, but I was -and still am- logged if I come in using Explorer or Firefox.

I did check the Remember Me button when I finally managed to log in correctly in Safari, and my computer date shows as November 18, 2009 (not 2039). I opened and closed Safari several times in these less than four hours, coming in and out of these forums, same as I did with the other two browsers, so there has not been any 4 hour period of inactivity.

As already said, I have only been logged out in Safari. I had no difficulty in logging back in, though, and I have not been logged out again yet. I'll report again if I am.

Addition: Sorry, I had forgotten about daylight saving time, so local time is now GTM-3.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: addition.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been logged out again. After re logging, I closed Safari, and re opened it immediately, and I was still logged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still logged in. I'm shutting off this computer for the night. More news tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation on switching on today shortly ago:

Explorer/Vista (change of identity fixed without my intervention): still logged in since the fix.

Safari/Vista (change of identity fixed yesterday by me): still logged in since my second login yesterday.

Firefox/Ma (change of identity fixed without my intervention): logged out, just re logged without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote on 11/19/2009 10:56 AM:

Situation on switching on today shortly ago:

Firefox/Ma (change of identity fixed without my intervention): logged out, just re logged without problems.

If you want us to investigate we need to know more about the cookies.

See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/HTTP_Logging for ways to make your

browser log HTTP headers. We would need the HTTP headers you get the

moment you log in, the HTTP headers from the last request before you log

out and the HTTP headers from the first request that is logged out. If

you have those headers, make sure you remove all confidential

information before putting them online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just followed the link you give in your last message, and I must say I could hardly follow what was written in the entry page. I am just a user/consumer, and part of the language used went well over my head. After a first reading, I am not at all sure that I would be able to perform the necessary operations to gather the data you are requesting.

I did notice that they mention a Firefox extension called Live HTTP Headers, which I might be able to use without much difficulties. Would the information provided by this extension be enough to investigate my logouts, assuming I get them again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote on 11/19/2009 1:51 PM:

I did notice that they mention a Firefox extension called Live HTTP Headers, which I might be able to use without much difficulties. Would the information provided by this extension be enough to investigate my logouts, assuming I get them again?

Yes. You just need to keep it running permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thank you, although I will not do anything unless I am logged out for a second time. I like to keep my systems as clean as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines