• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logged out several times an hour

Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me?

I am being logged out several times an hour and needing multiple attempts to log back in.

Is there some maintenance going on?

Should I give up until tomorrow?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not just you. I'm having the same experience. No maintenance or updates going on. Waiting to hear from Jive as to what might be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been logged out in weeks/months in either IE7 (work) or IE8 (home), oddly enough. Sorry to hear it's happening to you, as you have been so determined to be helpful to others even with all the interface problems. Maybe you should get a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the kind remarks.

(The system seems to have stabilised since my question – touch wood!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting my usual logouts each time I restart a browser, regardless of platform (Mac or Win) and browser. Plus, for several weeks now I am also logged out 2-3 times a day in my Mac, where the browser is not closed when you close a window. So. if anything special happened today, I have not noticed it. But then, I am a special and unique case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Was happening to me, with greater and greater regularity. It got so bad that I would log-in, just to get a reply screen, and then have to log-in to post it, and maybe 2-3 times.

Finally, it spiraled to the point that every forum would throw me to the main forum page, and clicking on anything there would bring up Server Not Found.

The speed also ground to a halt.

About 1:00 PM (PDT/AZT), things got back to normal.

Sun spots?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2010 Apr 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning (UK) it is worse.      

(Against my religion I even tried IE8!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang John,

About the time that things got better in the Western US, they must have done so at your expense. Maybe the correction started in San Jose and the wave is headed East? Usually, they seem to start in San Jose, and go West, and we, in Arizona, are the last to get the "fix."

Hang in there, help might be on the way?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blame Bush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Blame Bush.

That's not such a bad idea. I mean look at the mess he left the ecconomy in. Even as much as the current president has Tried to get us out of the hole we are so far in , we can't quite climb out yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dec9,

Now see what you have done? You have wound Phillip up, and soon this thread will not even play in a Lounge somewhere. It's like awakening a Balrog. We may never get out of here alive...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 11, 2010 Apr 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No no worries. that's the only comment I intened for that particular comment. I don't want the rath of JVD set upon me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2010 Apr 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Please notice that I did not pick up the "gauntlet."

I just had to get a gentle "dig" in on Dec9 - and you...

Have a good day,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, today, April 13, 2010, it started again at about 2.00PM PDT ( - 8GMT, IIRC) for me. Logged-out and log-in to get Reply screen. Go to post, and have to log-in again, only seconds later. Half of the time, the Adobe server threw an error. This was in 4 different Product fora. Went on for about an hour, and all seems to be OK now, April 13, 2010, 4:45PM PDT.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been at the computer 2 hours this morning. In that period I have been logged out (although the browser was left open) 5 times.

Win XP, Firefox 3.6.3, cookies enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2010 Apr 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the original meaning of the word 'Jive.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have said in many other threads, I (like another native now sorely missed) seem to be hidden in one of the good corners: I never get logged out, and I rarely see any of the other disturbances, and then (almost) always in a milder form.

I hope this more widespread annoyance, clearly no longer dismissible as a purely Chilean issue, will ultimately lead to the solution Claudio has been asking for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrupt database will eventually need fixing. but rather than proactive about it. they will wait till aftects at least 50% before anything is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe I should keep stumm about the lack of the issue here, even under the volcanic ash cloud.

Usually, it is said that we should be part of the solution not the problem; but in this case, claiming to be part of the problem may promote the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines