• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logged out yet again while posting an answer, JIVED AGAIN & AGAIN!

Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this get fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A date has not been announced, but it will be in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Adobe will pay to upgrade. Just like their customers do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he said update not upgrade.

Also it will be another 9 months until the update. We were told that by the mods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know Phillip Jones was a mod. Or can you point us to another source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not a Mod of this group. (Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!)

If am not mistaken, it was you that said that Adobe is on a 3 month upgrade cycle and Jive a 6 month cycle and therefore the next upgrade would be no sooner than 9 months.

If it wasn't you it was one of the others here that are familiar with Jive's updating policy and Adobe's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If am not mistaken, it was you that said that Adobe is on a 3 month

upgrade cycle and Jive a 6 month cycle and therefore the next

upgrade would be no sooner than 9 months.

No. You still didn't get it!

He said it could theoretically be a maximum of 9 months...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saying "at least" 9 months would be a mistake I guess but if that's the range of the schedule, we're still screwed.  6 months, 4 months, even 2 months is still TERRIBLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again I must ask you to stop spreading rumours. Your have claimed before that I have written so and at that time I corrected you too: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2209940#2209940

You are the only one who has ever claimed that it would be 9 months before the next update. That is solely your own fabrication and I would appreciate it if you were to post a correction in every other place where you spread that misinformation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

extra "amp"s in the title are splitting this thread in email...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double Jived?  How appropriate.  My god this software sucks SO bad.  Is this &amp thing a new bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll look into it. Probably the same will happen with other HTML encoded entities, so be careful until I have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Yes, here's a source: YOU. 

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2200363#2200363

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

jochemd wrote:

Thanks for that Quote. Read that thread. Who did I quote. What did the quote say.

My only mistake is I have Jive's and adobe's Timeline reversed my appologies.

Here exact is what I quoted:

jochemd wrote:

Yes, Apple uses Jive Forums (not Jive ClearSpace). View the source if you have any doubts.

Yes, improvements are being made. But Jive is on a release train model where a back to back fix / enhancement takes 9 to 12 weeks and Adobe is currently on a twice a year update cycle. Even if everything is scheduled immediately it may take 9 months for fixes to become visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be a good thing.

PjonesCET wrote:

Ansury wrote:

jochemd wrote:

Thanks for that Quote. Read that thread. Who did I quote. What did the quote say.

jochemd wrote:

Yes, Apple uses Jive Forums (not Jive ClearSpace). View the source if you have any doubts.

Yes, improvements are being made. But Jive is on a release train model where a back to back fix / enhancement takes 9 to 12 weeks and Adobe is currently on a twice a year update cycle. Even if everything is scheduled immediately it may take 9 months for fixes to become visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

That might be a good thing.

PjonesCET wrote:

Ansury wrote:

jochemd wrote:

jochemd wrote:

All I know I don't appreciate being called on the carpet for quoting a individual and the individual saying they didn't say it, and there is proof he/she did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

All I know I don't appreciate being called on the carpet for quoting a individual and the individual saying they didn't say it, and there is proof he/she did.

First of all, until 10 minutes ago you didn't quote anything. Quoting is to repeat verbatim what somebody else has said or written. I have no objection against being quoted (attribution appreciated), but just quote me and don't provide your interpretation as if they were my words.

Now, let's analyze in detail what was written. First what I wrote:

Jive is on a release train model where a back to back fix / enhancement takes 9 to 12 weeks and Adobe is currently on a twice a year update cycle. Even if everything is scheduled immediately it may take 9 months for fixes to become visible.

Then what you wrote:

that the combination Adobe's upgrade cycle, and Jive's it will be about 9 months before the next upgrade.

So I am providing three timelines:

1. Jive takes 9 to 12 weeks for individual fixes.

2.  Adobe currently updates twice a year.

3. Fixes may take 9 months if we add up the time for Jive and Adobe.

So at no point did I write that the time until the next upgrade was to be about 9 months. Individual fixes may take that long, but all I said about updates is that Adobe currently updates twice a year. The extrapolation from 9 months for individual fixes to an update in 9 months is yours. And if you wish to ignoring that we are well into an update cycle already that is fine, but don't claim that that information comes from me.

If you can't paraphrase me correctly, quote me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, anyway, it looks like updates to fix anything here (and probably break other stuff) won't be coming for a long, long time.  We're jived.  By then this "community" (what's left of it) will be decayed beyond repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me instead of quote I should have said Paraphrase

jochemd wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

First of all, until 10 minutes ago you didn't quote anything. Quoting is to repeat verbatim what somebody else has said or written. I have no objection against being quoted (attribution appreciated), but just quote me and don't provide your interpretation as if they were my words.

Now, let's analyze in detail what was written. First what I wrote:

Jive is on a release train model where a back to back fix / enhancement takes 9 to 12 weeks and Adobe is currently on a twice a year update cycle. Even if everything is scheduled immediately it may take 9 months for fixes to become visible.

Then what you wrote:

that the combination Adobe's upgrade cycle, and Jive's it will be about 9 months before the next upgrade.

So I am providing three timelines:

1. Jive takes 9 to 12 weeks for individual fixes.

2.  Adobe currently updates twice a year.

3. Fixes may take 9 months if we add up the time for Jive and Adobe.

"So at no point did I write that the time until the next upgrade was to be about 9 months. Individual fixes may take that long, but all I said about updates is that Adobe currently updates twice a year. The extrapolation from 9 months for individual fixes to an update in 9 months is yours. And if you wish to ignoring that we are well into an update cycle already that is fine, but don't claim that that information comes from me."

"If you can't paraphrase me correctly, quote me."

still you did say it may take 9 months for fixes become visible.  which does appear from your calulations 12 weeks = 3 months, and twice yearly (for adobe) = 6 months

My appologies for my slight misquote/paraphrase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether this pedantry about who said what is right or wrong the fact remains that the jiveware is never going to be fixed satisfactorily.

The mistakes have been made by adobe and there's no going back.

I have a large humble pie here if anyone wants a portion, but I don't think that's a favoured dish around here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please tell me the above is not a mod insulting a user as a joke, and that there is actually some basis for the claim... [edit- was directed at van Deletem's post not PJ's]

And Buko--watch the language, this forum is supposed to be rated G!  Only one "jive" allowed per sentence, or it starts to become obscene!  ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines