Logging into Adobe Forums is confusing at best.

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link my ID to what? Forums are migrating to where? Isn't Adobe supposed to hire the best information architects out on the market? Doesn't San Francisco have like the most Information Architects / Developers per capita. How difficult is it to setup a decent forum site when you have some of the most intelligent IT folks working for your company? Oh wait, I think Adobe might become the new Microsoft soon.

Adobe, your user system is horrible, and confusing at best. At one point, I got a screen that said that the Forums were now using Nicknames. What? Nicknames? Am I in the early eighties with a 2400 baud modem dialing into a BBS? Give me a break. I already signed up, why do you want Nicknames. And how is a nickname different from the username that I entered when I registered? Regardless, I tried about 4 "Nicknames" and then your system said it was already in use. Then I typed in "a;ldfkjal;fdkjadsf" and your system said that was in use. Are your QA people awake? What do they do with their time if not playing casual games on the web.

Keep things simple people, and start hiring people who understand the value of simplicity. Get some decent architects on board. Oh, and add some style to your forums. I feel like I'm writing on a forum created in 1994.

More later. . .

--Laz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Logging into Adobe Forums is confusing at best.

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link my ID to what? Forums are migrating to where? Isn't Adobe supposed to hire the best information architects out on the market? Doesn't San Francisco have like the most Information Architects / Developers per capita. How difficult is it to setup a decent forum site when you have some of the most intelligent IT folks working for your company? Oh wait, I think Adobe might become the new Microsoft soon.

Adobe, your user system is horrible, and confusing at best. At one point, I got a screen that said that the Forums were now using Nicknames. What? Nicknames? Am I in the early eighties with a 2400 baud modem dialing into a BBS? Give me a break. I already signed up, why do you want Nicknames. And how is a nickname different from the username that I entered when I registered? Regardless, I tried about 4 "Nicknames" and then your system said it was already in use. Then I typed in "a;ldfkjal;fdkjadsf" and your system said that was in use. Are your QA people awake? What do they do with their time if not playing casual games on the web.

Keep things simple people, and start hiring people who understand the value of simplicity. Get some decent architects on board. Oh, and add some style to your forums. I feel like I'm writing on a forum created in 1994.

More later. . .

--Laz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 21, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c503 has the explanation.

However, I can give you a short version -

These forums are being migrated to new forum software, which should make you happy.

The name you use here cannot necessarily be used there (never mind why, just take it as read). You'll need to use your Adobe ID name (the name you used to register your software) to log into the new forums instead. If you don't have such an Adobe ID name, you'll have to create one.

The new system needs to be able to match up your Adobe ID name with your forum name from here, so that previous posts from here imported into the new system can be displayed under your Adobe ID name, the name you'll use in the new system. That's why, having logged in here, you were asked to say what your Adobe ID name is, for the system's future reference.

If you choose not to provide the information, your old posts will be shown as having been submitted by "Guest" because the new system will not know otherwise.

Here's an example.

My forum name here is Ozpeter.

My Adobe ID is Goodlooking.

I've provided the requested information (to say that forum user name "Ozpeter" is the same person as Adobe ID name "Goodlooking"). So when you read this post in the new forums, it will be shown as having been posted by user "Goodlooking". And if I log onto the new forum using "Goodlooking" (as I must, that being my Adobe ID), and add another post to this discussion, it too will be shown as having been written by "Goodlooking" as well as this post. So everything will tie up neatly.

(For a short version, that was, admittedly, long).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2009 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the question is: are you, Oz?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2009 0
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozpeter wrote:

>The name you use here cannot necessarily be used there
>(never mind why, just take it as read).

No, I would like to know why. Who was the genius that said this couldn't be possible? If everybody has a unique ID / username on the old forums, that should be able to map to the new forum no matter the software. The developers behind the scenes have the talent and know-how to make that happen.

So, my question remains: why do I have to use a new nickname?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

siiiiiigggggghhhhh.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no sighing involved phos. there's no reason for unique names here if the adobe logon id that the nickname is tied to is unique. all it's going to do is cause arguments and ill will.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2009 0